Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Carry

Featured Replies

  • Author
There's a group in Texas that's been carrying to various public venues as some sort of protest. Chipotle recently announced they wouldn't allow it in their restaurants after one of those events happened there. That's apparently drawn the ire of various gun advocates. attachment.php?attachmentid=45287

 

For the record can I still carry concealed in Chipotle? A lot of businesses are banning weapons but i didn't get if they meant open carry and or concealed..weapons as a whole?

 

These guys are really messing things up for people though.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to Open Carry.jpg

 

This pretty much sums up proper open carry if you prefer open carry over concealed carry.

For the record can I still carry concealed in Chipotle? A lot of businesses are banning weapons but i didn't get if they meant open carry and or concealed..weapons as a whole?

 

You may be correct. Walmart does this. If you can legally conceal they are OK with you concealing but if you open carry, you will be asked to conceal or if you are not legally permitted to conceal, you must take the gun to your car. I am told Walmart will even ask you to reposition a firearm if you are printing.

There's a group in Texas that's been carrying to various public venues as some sort of protest. Chipotle recently announced they wouldn't allow it in their restaurants after one of those events happened there. That's apparently drawn the ire of various gun advocates.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45287[/ATTACH]

 

Freaking bungholes. They are probably too stupid to realize that they are doing a lot of harm and no good at all. Then again, I don't think these guys are actually doing it to espouse "gun rights". I think they are doing it to draw attention to themselves and thinking they "look cool" doing what they are doing.

 

And here's another problem. I see one of these guys walking through my business door, and you know what I'm thinking? DANGER...SHOOTER IN MY STORE, MUST TAKE DOWN THREAT!!! This is a good way for these guys to get taken out...but they are too stupid to know it.

And here's another problem. I see one of these guys walking through my business door, and you know what I'm thinking? DANGER...SHOOTER IN MY STORE, MUST TAKE DOWN THREAT!!! This is a good way for these guys to get taken out...but they are too stupid to know it.

 

I wonder that too. One of these days, one of these idiots are going to walk into a store and the owner is going to think it is an active shooter and fire on them.

A lot of people don't realize that open carry is legal. They think the only way to have a gun on your person is if you have one of those horrible concealed deadly weapon permits. I am an avid gun guy, and I must say I once saw a man walking on US 27 with a rifle, It struck me odd at first until I realized he was just a hunter heading back to his car or house.

As for carrying guns around, go to a gun show and see the folks toting weapons. Never hear of a shooting spree at Bill Goodman's

  • Author
A lot of people don't realize that open carry is legal. They think the only way to have a gun on your person is if you have one of those horrible concealed deadly weapon permits. I am an avid gun guy' date=' and I must say I once saw a man walking on US 27 with a rifle, It struck me odd at first until I realized he was just a hunter heading back to his car or house. As for carrying guns around, go to a gun show and see the folks toting weapons. Never hear of a shooting spree at Bill Goodman's[/quote']

 

All very true but when they walk into big businesses, they are messing things up for everyone if the business bans weapons all together.

Originally the NRA issued a release stating they opposed the antics but under pressure for Texas Open Carry recanted it. I wish they would have stood their ground.

The NRA, as usual, showed great leadership in its 180-degree about-face. Also factoring into this discussion should be what happened at the Las Vegas Walmart over the weekend. No doubt the lawyers at Bentonville, Ark., are hard at work right now reviewing the 2nd Amendment in relation to corporate liability.

It's idiots like these that help validate some peoples fears. No sensible reason for them to do it' date=' just plain stupid.[/quote']

They are probably horrible shooters too. Now don't get me wrong, I think a lot of guns look awesome, but I think these two only see that and couldn't hit the ocean with a shot

For the record can I still carry concealed in Chipotle? A lot of businesses are banning weapons but i didn't get if they meant open carry and or concealed..weapons as a whole? These guys are really messing things up for people though.
yes you can, even if they have a little sign! In Ky, unless it's listed under the places you cannot carry, the sign doesn't hold the weight of the law. They can tell you to leave and you can refuse with nothing to worry about, BUT more than likely the law will show up and if asked to leave you should, if not it's a criminal trespassing charge, not a weapons charge.

 

I pretty much carry anywhere I can, but most of us are sane looking mature people, where when people look at us and then the weapon, they don't have an issue. It's a crazy world out there, I have the right to protect myself and others around me.

 

Just look at all the mass shootings, where do they happen? Gun free zones! Just wait until one happens at a Chipotle or Chili's

For the record can I still carry concealed in Chipotle? A lot of businesses are banning weapons but i didn't get if they meant open carry and or concealed..weapons as a whole? These guys are really messing things up for people though.

Carry anywhere the law says you can, conceal if you are worried, a large majority won't even know

  • Author
Carry anywhere the law says you can' date=' conceal if you are worried, a large majority won't even know[/quote']

 

Pretty much what I do thanks for the info.

They can tell you to leave and you can refuse with nothing to worry about, BUT more than likely the law will show up and if asked to leave you should, if not it's a criminal trespassing charge, not a weapons charge.

 

Are you sure? When I took my conceal carry class, we were told if you are asked to leave, you cannot refuse to leave, that would be trespassing but if you left peacefully, no charges would stick.

Carry anywhere the law says you can, conceal if you are worried, a large majority won't even know

 

I don't have my permit yet, but I've been "practicing" concealing while around friends and family. Trying to get used to the idea of having it on my hip, and getting used to making sure it is concealed. Every time I've done it so far, nobody had a clue I was wearing it.

  • Author
I don't have my permit yet' date=' but I've been "practicing" concealing while around friends and family. Trying to get used to the idea of having it on my hip, and getting used to making sure it is concealed. Every time I've done it so far, nobody had a clue I was wearing it.[/quote']

 

That is good. You must have a compact weapon which helps a a lot. Do you have in inside the waistband holster or out?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.