Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockies @ Reds (May 9 - May 11)

Featured Replies

I'll take 6 IP 0 ER and 8 IP 3 ER all day long.

 

Same, but I meant a truely dominating performance like he is capable of.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously Bailey signed a big contract, but he's "only" making $9 million this year...

  • Author

The ballpark was easily the loudest I've heard it all year when the Cuban Missile started trotting towards the mound. It was simply awesome.

 

A very solid series win for the Reds.

  • Author

And as a Homer hater, I have to say that I'm glad he threw that well yesterday.

For the record, I hope Homer throws a gem each time out. Also, on record, I think he's an average MLB starter, with above average stuff, below average gray matter.

Couple of things stood out to me today in the paper. There are only 5 teams in all of the majors that have a worse record than the Reds. 2 are in their division.

Frazier has hit in 11 straight games and 16 of 18 and is still only hitting .266. Not real good for this early in the season to have those type of streaks and still only Hit .266.

Couple of things stood out to me today in the paper. There are only 5 teams in all of the majors that have a worse record than the Reds. 2 are in their division.

Frazier has hit in 11 straight games and 16 of 18 and is still only hitting .266. Not real good for this early in the season to have those type of streaks and still only Hit .266.

 

If you take out the terrible start, the Reds have been playing pretty good baseball. Treading around .500 with all these injuries is pretty impressive.

Frazier has hit in 11 straight games and 16 of 18 and is still only hitting .266. Not real good for this early in the season to have those type of streaks and still only Hit .266.

 

Eh...hitting streaks and batting averages aren't necessarily tied together. I mean, you can get a hit in 40 straight games by going 1 for 4, and you're still only hitting .250.

 

If someone told me at the beginning of the year he'd hit .270 with 25 HR's and 85 RBI's...I'd have taken it in a heartbeat. And right now, he's on pace to eclipse those power numbers...so, the average is just fine. I think what's been important, is for him going the other way with the outside pitches. He may look completely foolish on some of those swings, but he can make the pitcher pay the price on the mistakes.

You need me to calculate he odds of 2/8 for you??? :D

 

1. He said that it was the 1st time they had gotten a good return on their investment. Not true.

 

2. He's pitched well 3 of 8 starts, not 2/8.

 

That's certainly not worth $105 million, but let's check his numbers at the end of the year.

Hey, I can't wait to see that Soto kid get another AB. He's must see TV.

  • Author

I'm pretty sure I saw something on Twitter today that said Chapman has struck out 41% of the batters he's faced in his career.

I'm pretty sure I saw something on Twitter today that said Chapman has struck out 41% of the batters he's faced in his career.

 

You did see it. 327 Ks out of 796 batters. 41.08%.

  • Author
You did see it. 327 Ks out of 796 batters. 41.08%.

 

Yeah, that was the exact statistic. I'm too lazy to look anything up but wonder how that compares to other closers. It would have to be near the top if not the best.

Yeah, that was the exact statistic. I'm too lazy to look anything up but wonder how that compares to other closers. It would have to be near the top if not the best.

 

Mariano finished with 22.99% (1173/5103).

Trevor Hoffman was 25.82% (1133/4388).

 

Papelbon: 28.87% (672/2328)

Francisco Rodriguez: 29.51% (958/3246)

Craig Kimbrel: 43.28% (409/945)

Koji Uehara: 30.88% (356/1153)

 

Those are just a few I decided to look up real quick. There may be more with better numbers, I don't know.

  • Author

I think the most important Reds statistic, is they are now 4-1 in series when I've started the thread. I'm ready to take on San Diego, starting tomorrow morning.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.