Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What if Osama Bin Laden was still alive?

Featured Replies

And not only that. What if Seal Team Six was sent in and the mission failed instead of succeeding and multiple Seals lost their lives in that failed mission?

 

Of course, had that have happened the Obama administration would have to kiss some major Pakistan booty and likely would have to lie to the American public about what really happened.

 

The American people would be pretty pissed at the Obama administration wouldn't they?

 

Imagine if Obama told the people the truth about that failed mission. People would still be pissed at him wouldn't they? People wouldn't believe him either way, huh?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would have been "Jimmy Carter and the Desert One fiasco" all over again.

  • Author

I ask because I watched the Seal Team Six movie on Netflix the other day and my first thought was what would have happened had they failed. One false move and that's likely a story we never get the full truth on.

 

I asked myself how I would have felt knowing Seals lost their lives without knowing they were going after Bin Laden. I couldn't answer that question.

I ask because I watched the Seal Team Six movie on Netflix the other day and my first thought was what would have happened had they failed. One false move and that's likely a story we never get the full truth on.

 

I asked myself how I would have felt knowing Seals lost their lives without knowing they were going after Bin Laden. I couldn't answer that question.

 

Wait, what?

This question is why clandestine operations are supposed to be clandestine...and least for some extended period of time. Succeed or fail....keep it quiet...and least for a while to digest feedback and channel chatter.

 

Regardless of the outcome they should have stayed on the down-low and smoothed things over with Pakistan in private.

 

You got a little tin-foil under that hat in the avatar?

  • Author
Wait, what?

 

Should probably say 'without us knowing they were going after Bin Laden.'

  • Author
This question is why clandestine operations are supposed to be clandestine...and least for some extended period of time. Succeed or fail....keep it quiet...and least for a while to digest feedback and channel chatter.

 

Regardless of the outcome they should have stayed on the down-low and smoothed things over with Pakistan in private.

 

You got a little tin-foil under that hat in the avatar?

 

 

I hear you. It was a great movie that brought back good memories. Of course; we succeeded. Kind of sucks to think that had they failed all we'd know is some Seals lost their lives and the outrage would be unbearable.

People would have eaten Obama alive had the mission been a failure.

 

I gave/give the President big time credit for that, because it was a gutsy move to do what we ended up doing. Thankfully it was successful, and it's one of the few times I have applauded something Obama did, but he would've been crushed by both sides if it didn't go well.

  • Author
People would have eaten Obama alive had the mission been a failure.

 

I gave/give the President big time credit for that, because it was a gutsy move to do what we ended up doing. Thankfully it was successful, and it's one of the few times I have applauded something Obama did, but he would've been crushed by both sides if it didn't go well.

 

I agree. I bet if it had failed he wouldn't have been re-elected.

 

Very gutsy move. One of those things that reminds me that it is easy for us to criticize presidents and the government but we still don't know the entire truth about anything. For me that makes all criticism about the president misinformed and makes me think twice when I second guess the president and the government. We'll never know the full truth behind decisions. We only know what we are allowed to know.

People would have eaten Obama alive had the mission been a failure.

 

I gave/give the President big time credit for that, because it was a gutsy move to do what we ended up doing. Thankfully it was successful, and it's one of the few times I have applauded something Obama did, but he would've been crushed by both sides if it didn't go well.

 

Benghazi says you are wrong. Plus, odds are we would never have found out about it, depending on the level of failure.

Benghazi says you are wrong. Plus, odds are we would never have found out about it, depending on the level of failure.

 

Probably right. They seemed to have a 'plausible deniability' out if it went bad. In the famous situation room picture that has been tagged somewhat as the command and control room of the actual operation you will notice someone missing.

 

Here is a hint - this was CIA operation.

People would have eaten Obama alive had the mission been a failure.

 

I gave/give the President big time credit for that, because it was a gutsy move to do what we ended up doing. Thankfully it was successful, and it's one of the few times I have applauded something Obama did, but he would've been crushed by both sides if it didn't go well.

 

I think you meant to say.....

 

"approved"

 

I know exactly what you meant but I would almost bet Obama had to be strongly convinced that it would be successful. That's why we have other people rightfully in charge to make those decisions. And yes, Obama had to give his blessing. I get it! And yes, Obama would of been torn apart if it indeed go wrong. Sort of like Benghazi right?

 

Let me ask you a simple question. Do you think that the Obama Administration had anything to do with the Seal Team Six accident? I do! JMO! No way those decorated soldiers should of been sitting ducks like that. No way!

Heck yeah our government is responsible for the Seal Team 6 deaths in the helicopter.

Benghazi says you are wrong. Plus, odds are we would never have found out about it, depending on the level of failure.

 

But there was only high level speculation as to what happened prior to the election. They ducked and dodged that until after the election pretty well. If Benghazi had happened many months before the election and not just a few months there may have been a big difference in what Americans knew and didn't know.

 

IMO with more information he doesn't get re-elected, but I could be wrong because every Democrat I know is salivating for a Hillary candidacy. IMO Hillary Screwed up and the White House Covered up!

To PP's original question...IF he was still alive because we had a mission to go after him fail, I think he'd be safe as no President would risk it to go after him again.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.