Boxes of dead babies found...

Jumper_Dad

It costs more in taxpayer money to put someone to death than it does to lock them away in prison for life. Just saying.

Seriously? I didn't know that. If that's the case, I'd be all for changing the method to reduce the cost.

Seriously? I didn't know that. If that's the case, I'd be all for changing the method to reduce the cost.

Yeah, life in prison costs a few hundred thousand, the legal fees during the trial will eat that up before you even make it to the first appeal.

Death Penalty cost more due to a couple of reasons; Death Penalty cases cost much more to prosecute and defend, Death Row prisoners have more guards per prisoner than regular prisoners, mandatory appeals of all Death Penalty cases almost always fall on the state to pay both sides of the appeal(s), the length of incarceration for DR prisoners in many cases is as long as a regular life sentence due to the length of appeals...

Death Penalty Cost | Amnesty International USA

It's true and it's all because of the appeals process. If someone is sentenced to death they automatically (makes no sense to me) even if they confess to the murders get an appeal.

Death Penalty cost more due to a couple of reasons; Death Penalty cases cost much more to prosecute and defend, Death Row prisoners have more guards per prisoner than regular prisoners, mandatory appeals of all Death Penalty cases almost always fall on the state to pay both sides of the appeal(s), the length of incarceration for DR prisoners in many cases is as long as a regular life sentence due to the length of appeals...

Death Penalty Cost | Amnesty International USA

Exactly. Mandatory appeals it's such a waste of taxpayers money.

But it's easy for them to throw money down the drain on an appeal the accused doesn't even want. That's the problem I have with the process.

Fair enough, but I'd just assume we abolished the death penalty completely, so it's hard for me to get too worked up about whether or not it's difficult and expensive to have it done.