Mitch McConnell versus Matt Bevin

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who don't believe Bevin can win the general election, I present to you Senator Rand Paul.

And that is why I am torn about who I want to win this election. One guy is really bad and will likely win the general election. The other guy is even worse, but has a much lower, but not zero, chance in the general election.

I read the other day that Barney Frank used to have a bumper sticker that said "We're not perfect, but the other side is crazy". Kind of sums up why I never vote for Republicans anymore.

And that is why I am torn about who I want to win this election. One guy is really bad and will likely win the general election. The other guy is even worse' date=' but has a much lower, but not zero, chance in the general election. I read the other day that Barney Frank used to have a bumper sticker that said "We're not perfect, but the other side is crazy". Kind of sums up why I never vote for Republicans anymore.[/quote']

Any post that has Barney Frank questioning anyone's sanity has 0 credibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Ironically, McConnell's willingness to hammer out deals and compromise is the very reason the Tea Party folks can't stand McConnell and are supporting Bevin so fervently.

McConnell has his flaws; no doubt about it. But I will be voting for him. Much better choice for the country and Ky than Bevin is, in my opinion.

I believe it has more to do with his willingness to hammer out "deals" and capitulate on issues such as Life, guns, tobacco subsidies, Right to Work, TARP, a balanced budget, record deficits, Patriot Act, NDAA, NSA Spying, Immigration . . . the list goes on. There should always be a price for bad political behavior. Matt Bevin, whom I could honestly care less for, is making Mitch go to the right and making him earn that seat.

Is this a case of lesser of two evils ? McConnell attempts to deal in an environment that is not "deal friendly". Bevin says he won't compromise at all, and that's not good either. I guess I have to trust McConnell's relationships more than Bevin's attitude. I think that some of the Tea Party ideas are ideologically sound, but when it comes to implementation, they lack the ability be put into action. The local (Campbell County) Tea Party guys just harrumph around about mostly non-sensiscal things, attack the items they believe they can bully down and aren't able to get real issues resolved because of their approach. I'm torn on this one…I don't want to be sold out, but I don't want a guy who is just going to make noise and no progress either.

Rand Paul's name has been brought up a time or two in this thread. Can someone point to 1 thing he has actually accomplished other then get his name out for his Presidential run? I agree with him on most issues but he is in no position to get anything done. With McConnell as majority leader that changes.

Anyone who thinks that Rand Paul, Michelle Bachmann and their ilk are anything but nuts are either in total denial or delusional themselves.

Won't argue with you about Bachmann but I think my original assumption about Rand being nuts may not be correct the more a read about him. Now I am starting to think that he is only half nuts :)

What I'm gathering from the thread is that everyone is nuts.

Based on my own experience, you can broaden your statement in the manner of the above re-styling.

Politicians are nuts;

My family is nuts;

All my friends are nuts;

The people on TV are nuts;

Every woman I've ever dated is absolutely nuts...

... and it's a well-established fact that I went completely nanners long ago.

Based on my own experience, you can broaden your statement in the manner of the above re-styling.

Politicians are nuts;

My family is nuts;

All my friends are nuts;

The people on TV are nuts;

Every woman I've ever dated is absolutely nuts...

... and it's a well-established fact that I went completely nanners long ago.

I tried to help make you sane back in 97, but nooooo you wouldn't listen.