April 2, 201412 yr And oddly enough both are dead now I believe. Blanton is still living. Ricky Blanton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
April 2, 201412 yr Blanton is still living. Ricky Blanton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia So he is. Did I mistake him for somebody else? I thought there were two players from those LSU teams of the 80's that had passed.
April 2, 201412 yr So he is. Did I mistake him for somebody else? I thought there were two players from those LSU teams of the 80's that had passed. I was thinking the same thing. Could it have been a player at Alabama?
April 2, 201412 yr Sleeping on UConn is a bad idea. They are defending at an elite level right now and will have the best player on the floor. If Daniels is playing like he has been of late, they might have the two best players on the floor... Daniels has been going off! As good as Bazz is Deandre has been the x-factor, he's finally maxing out his potential and playing consistently instead of just showing flashes. I can only hope Poyhtress matures and develops at the same level.
April 3, 201412 yr So he is. Did I mistake him for somebody else? I thought there were two players from those LSU teams of the 80's that had passed. I believe Maravich died in a similar time frame.
April 3, 201412 yr Sleeping on UConn is a bad idea. They are defending at an elite level right now and will have the best player on the floor. If Daniels is playing like he has been of late, they might have the two best players on the floor... Daniels has been going off! As good as Bazz is Deandre has been the x-factor, he's finally maxing out his potential and playing consistently instead of just showing flashes. I believe the Final Four is Florida's to lose & I expect them to take the title, but I agree that a lot of folks are underestimating Connecticut. Napier is always good, but Daniels' play has been huge. Gators will have their hands full if both those guys bring their A game.
April 3, 201412 yr Florida doesn't want UK. UK seemed to figure out Florida the last time and I don't think Donavan wants to face a streaking UK team when they are p,aging the best they have all year. With that said, I could care less, I just want to get UK past this next game first.
April 3, 201412 yr As a UK fan, I don't want anything to do with Florida. Should the Cats get past Wisconsin, I don't like either potential title game matchup, but I'd rather have UConn.
April 3, 201412 yr I believe the Final Four is Florida's to lose & I expect them to take the title, but I agree that a lot of folks are underestimating Connecticut. Napier is always good, but Daniels' play has been huge. Gators will have their hands full if both those guys bring their A game. Gonna have to disagree. I think it's Kentucky's to lose, assuming the improvement arc we've seen continues and doesn't backslide instead. Florida, on the other hand, has done just enough to get by, and I think that's going to cost them, possibly Saturday.
April 3, 201412 yr Gonna have to disagree. I think it's Kentucky's to lose, assuming the improvement arc we've seen continues and doesn't backslide instead. Florida, on the other hand, has done just enough to get by, and I think that's going to cost them, possibly Saturday. Key word is what I put in bold. UK has put together three very impressive performances, but Florida has done it all year long. I think it's a safer assumption that Florida continues its winning ways. Plus, while I agree that Florida has done just enough to get by (I would say they've looked bored), I believe their approach will change on the biggest stage.
April 3, 201412 yr Gonna have to disagree. I think it's Kentucky's to lose, assuming the improvement arc we've seen continues and doesn't backslide instead. Florida, on the other hand, has done just enough to get by, and I think that's going to cost them, possibly Saturday. My gut tells me you're right, Jim. (& my gut is quite impressive, unfortunately....)
April 3, 201412 yr Gonna have to disagree. I think it's Kentucky's to lose, assuming the improvement arc we've seen continues and doesn't backslide instead. Florida, on the other hand, has done just enough to get by, and I think that's going to cost them, possibly Saturday. If we had WCS I might tend to agree with you, but without him I still think Florida has to be the favorite.
April 3, 201412 yr Key word is what I put in bold. UK has put together three very impressive performances, but Florida has done it all year long. I think it's a safer assumption that Florida continues its winning ways. Plus, while I agree that Florida has done just enough to get by (I would say they've looked bored), I believe their approach will change on the biggest stage. Florida does have the pressure of the win streak though and we all know how tough that is to sustain after so long. Plus it's hard to beat a team three times much less four. With that said I just pray Kentucky gets past Wisconsin. I can handle getting beat out in the title game, and I'm actually well satisfied with the Final Four but it would sting to lose to Wisconsin.
April 3, 201412 yr Double Digit Loss Champions. 1983, 1988. Both Kansas and Villanova had to beat the champions of their own conference in the finals. Kansas had lost twice to Oklahoma, then beat the Sooners in the NCAA finals. Villanova had lost to Georgetown twice, then beat the Hoyas in the NCAA finals. Read more here: John Clay's notes: Fun facts from the Final Four | College Basketball | Kentucky.com :walk:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.