If you are Florida, who would you prefer to play on Monday?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they get Wisconsin, Florida gets a team that beat them. If they get UK, Florida gets a team that beat a team that beat them, but one that Florida has beaten 3 times this season (I get that the last one was by a single point and UK had the ball at the end to win it).

The real answer is: they don't care, Florida just wants to be playing Monday.

I would think, though, that UK is preferable.

If they get Wisconsin, Florida gets a team that beat them. If they get UK, Florida gets a team that beat a team that beat them, but one that Florida has beaten 3 times this season (I get that the last one was by a single point and UK had the ball at the end to win it).

They went to the wire with them twice, and beat them handily once.

However, they lost to UCONN and Wisconsin before they really got it going so I'd have to argue that one. Just for the fact the two teams (UK/UF) know each other so well now, they know what the other is going to do.

They went to the wire with them twice, and beat them handily once.

However, they lost to UCONN and Wisconsin before they really got it going so I'd have to argue that one. Just for the fact the two teams (UK/UF) know each other so well now, they know what the other is going to do.

If you ask me on face who would I prefer to play- a team that beat me or one that I beat three times, there really isn't a lot of thought that has to go into that one.

An argument could be made that UConn and Wisconsin beat Florida before each of them got it going, as well. Both squads are playing much better than they were earlier in the season.

That familiarity thing works both ways- they know how to play the twins, they know how to handle Randle- plus WCS won't be playing? I really think Florida would sign up for that everyday and twice on Sunday with a title on the line. JMO.

I guarantee you they'd much rather face Wisconsin.

I guarantee you they'd much rather face Wisconsin.

In the first game at Wisconsin, which was the second game of the season, Florida went in to the game with 8 scholarship players. No Wilbeken, Finney-Smith, or Walker(s). Yegeute had just returned from mono. It was a 3 point game inside the final minute. Obviously both teams are better, but I am not sure you can draw much from the first go-around.

In the first game at Wisconsin, which was the second game of the season, Florida went in to the game with 8 scholarship players. No Wilbeken, Finney-Smith, or Walker(s). Yegeute had just returned from mono. It was a 3 point game inside the final minute. Obviously both teams are better, but I am not sure you can draw much from the first go-around.

Yep, they're a completely different team than the one Wisconsin beat earlier. Those guys would love to be able to avenge both their losses by beating both UConn and Wisconsin to win the title.

Keep in mind that Kaminsky had 8 points that game and shot 3-8. Wisconsin didn't even know what they had in him yet. It was early in the season for them, as well. I imagine the Gators have a lot of confidence in beating UK since they have done it 3 times. If we say UK's hot streak started with the SEC tourney, only one team has beaten them since then. JMO.