Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regionalize Final Four Announcers

Which Crew 15 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Crew

    • CBS Crew on TBS
      86%
      13
    • UK Crew on TNT
      6%
      1
    • Leach and turn TV down
      6%
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Announcers selected for regionalized Final Four broadcasts on TNT, TruTV | NCAA.com

 

Former college basketball stars Donny Marshall of Connecticut and Rex Chapman of Kentucky will be among the commentators for the team-specific broadcasts of Saturday's Final Four games.

 

Turner Sports and CBS are experimenting with airing two additional telecasts of both NCAA semifinals. Along with the main coverage on TBS, there will be separate versions on TNT and truTV with different announcing crews connected to each school.

 

For the early game, the Florida broadcast will be on TNT and UConn's on truTV. Kentucky will be on TNT and Wisconsin on truTV for the second semifinal.

Kentucky Teamcast following the first game on TNT

Play-by-play commentator Rob Bromley, a long-time Kentucky sports anchor who has handled play-by-play, sideline and color commentary for basketball and football on UKTV for more than 30 years, will team with former Kentucky star Rex Chapman as the analyst. Chapman was a two-time All-SEC player at Kentucky and a 12-year NBA veteran. Dave Baker, a television play-by-play commentator for UK/IMG telecasts of Kentucky basketball games and long-time sports anchor and reporter at WKYT, will serve as the reporter for the game.

 

So do you listen to the regular CBS crew on TBS or Rob, Rex and Buzz on TNT?

Local crew on TNT.

Tough call...I don't know if it's a good ideal to make a change at this point and time...

#ukbasketballverysuperstitious...

CBS crew.

Rob Bromley is painful to listen to.

What would be interesting to do is DVR the game on all 3 channels, and then go back and watch to see the different perspectives.

  • Author
What would be interesting to do is DVR the game on all 3 channels, and then go back and watch to see the different perspectives.

 

That's my plan!!!

TBS/national crew.

I'll probably DVR rex so I can go back and watch.

Tough call...I don't know if it's a good ideal to make a change at this point and time...

#ukbasketballverysuperstitious...

 

No way am I changing anything.

 

Downstairs. Recliner. Glass of water on the nightstand. UK blanket. Remote resting on my chest. Jim Nantz & Greg Anthony.

There IS NO mojo from last Saturday. I was watching some other team play because UK played on Friday/Sunday.

 

Different days off, different work schedules.

I'm the same as you all. I'll watch the national broadcast. I will probably DVR the other.

I'm the same as you all. I'll watch the national broadcast. I will probably DVR the other.

 

What you mean "all", Kemosabe?

Doesn't matter for me. You guys know what I will do.

 

However, if Leach's play-by-play was synced with the DirecTV feed, I'd listen to that. But that's not going to happen.

Sorry, I don't need a homer crew to tell me how to think about the game.

 

And if Gus Johnson wasn't on suspension with Fox trying to sell soccer to the US market, we wouldn't have any of this. I hate when the government gets involved in things it doesn't need to be, but this is a situation where they need to mandate Gus Johnson covering as many NCAA tourney games as he can handle. Give the people what they want, and we want Gus.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.