UK had to report a violation to the NCAA today

Rebel

Not sure where to place this!

Mitch McConnell made an add to get more votes by getting in on the UK/UL game. Made a video image of Duke celebrating a Championship (was suppose to be UK) and discovered the mistake and replaced it with an image of Julius Randle! Stupid Mitch just lost my vote and I'm a die hard republican.

The University of Kentucky consulted with the NCAA earlier today regarding footage of Julius Randle in a Mitch McConnell advertisement. Although the use of the student-athlete’s image in the advertisement is not permissible, because it was done without the knowledge or permission of the university or the student-athlete, it is not an NCAA violation. The University of Kentucky has sent a cease and desist letter and will continue to take appropriate measures to ensure improper usage of a student-athlete’s name, image or likeness is prevented.

UK Issues Statement on McConnell and Julius Randle Incident | Kentucky Sports Radio

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't necessarily dislike Mitch, but I absolutely despise how he runs his campaigns. He runs straight out of the gutter. He will "lie", cheat, whatever it takes if he can get away with it. I received a piece in the mail from him disguised as a "Fraud Alert" and all it did was bash Bevin. That piece by itself, even if there was a morsel of truth, so irritated me that I wanted to vote for Bevin before I was even halfway through reading it.

I mean, how does that mistake even get made in the first place?

As someone mentioned above, an "advertising agency." Not everybody knows sports, nor politics, nor current events, etc. in such an agency. And, obviously, the wrong person was put in charge of that deal.