Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Luke Kennard to Duke

Featured Replies

That is what I meant... The number of UK threads I dont post in is more than ones I do post in.

 

Man, I was just kidding around that's why I put the smiley face at the end. I'm sure you got it.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But had Luke Kennard picked UK there would have been a thread up about it 30 seconds after the announcement and UK fans would be singing the glories of Luke Kennard.

 

I would have loved for UK to get him but the world keeps turning. At this point I'm more interested in the tournament not recruiting. My point is I think the amount of guards at UK had to play into his decision. With that said I think he is a perfect fit at Duke.

I will say I'm sure he really believes he is a UK fan but most kids who grew up a UK fan would crawl from Franklin to Lexington for the chance to wear that uniform. I would rather sit the bench at UK than play anywhere else but thats just me, of course I was used to sitting on the bench.

  • Author
I will say I'm sure he really believes he is a UK fan but would crawl from Franklin to Lexington for thmost kids who grew up a UK fan e chance to wear that uniform. I would rather sit the bench at UK than play anywhere else but thats just me, of course I was used to sitting on the bench.

 

You mean kids who grew up in Kentucky. I'm sure he is a UK fan and he has every right to be that UK fan. It doesn't mean he has to go play at UK when there is obviously a better fit for him at a better program.

What % of elite college athletes wind up playing at the school they grew up a fan of?

 

My guess is 10% tops....

  • Author
What % of elite college athletes wind up playing at the school they grew up a fan of?

 

My guess is 10% tops....

 

Exactly.

If not Ohio (which was on his list) I am glad he went with Duke over the other schools, that he was thinking about.

What % of elite college athletes wind up playing at the school they grew up a fan of?

 

My guess is 10% tops....

 

Exactly.

 

And I would say less than 10% of those actually had an offer from the team they grew up a fan of.

I guess it's safe to say he was a Duke fan also.

 

I don't blame Kennard, good for him, he is going to play at one of the best programs in the country and for one of the best coaches ever, hard to find fault in that. Maybe I'm misunderstanding his stance. When I say I'm a UK fan I mean I'm a UK fan and a UK fan only. Not a hater of other teams but a fan of only one. Maybe he is a fan of many schools, I don't know.

I'm very happy to have him. Looks like his official to Duke during Duke/UNC won him over in a big way.

 

It was more of the in-home visit a month or so ago and the relationships with the coaching staff. The official visit sealed the deal.

 

 

I would have loved for UK to get him but the world keeps turning. At this point I'm more interested in the tournament not recruiting. My point is I think the amount of guards at UK had to play into his decision. With that said I think he is a perfect fit at Duke.

 

I will say I'm sure he really believes he is a UK fan but most kids who grew up a UK fan would crawl from Franklin to Lexington for the chance to wear that uniform. I would rather sit the bench at UK than play anywhere else but thats just me, of course I was used to sitting on the bench.

 

 

Longtime UK fan Kennard picks Duke over Cats

 

"I grew up a Kentucky fan," Kennard said. "I really did. My family did. We were around. My dad grew up in Kentucky. I'm still a Kentucky fan. I still like them. I'll cheer for them. They were up there on my list, top three definitely. I wish them the best of luck, but I'm ready to start my career at Duke."

 

Kennard said neither 2015 commit Charles Matthews or the 2014 commits played a role in his decision, and the thought of being recruited over didn't necessarily cross his mind.

 

He knows UK will bring in the best year in and year out, but that wasn't why he steered away from Lexington.

 

 

"It was real difficult," Kennard said. "We called all the coaches yesterday, it was an emotional time.

 

"…It was very difficult and an emotional time for me and my family."

 

Especially the phone call to Calipari. But Kennard made a point to note how respectful all the coaches have been throughout his recruiting process.

 

Calipari stayed the course.

 

"They were great," Kennard said. "They wished me the best of luck and told me if anything changes let them know. They were great. They were great to me and I really appreciate it. Total respect to them. They were awesome."

 

Kennard has had family attend Kentucky, and family currently at UK. He visited Lexington more than five times in the last calendar year. But after officially visiting Duke earlier this month he felt a new feeling.

 

A sense he was home.

 

At UK he felt comfortable, but he never knew for sure if the Wildcats were for him.

 

Longtime UK fan Kennard picks Duke over Cats

If the young man is happy with his decision then I'm happy for him. He had to do what he felt was best for himself.

UK will be okay. I'm sure Duke will too.

Great kid.. Dukies will love his game and swag. He will go down a fan fav in Durham. No friends in business, he had to make a business decision.

Kennard still hasn't decided if he will play football this year.

Luke broke LeBron's career scoring record for the state of Ohio tonight.

Luke broke LeBron's career scoring record for the state of Ohio tonight.

 

Has he got a chance for the Ohio record?

Has he got a chance for the Ohio record?

 

3206 is the record. He has about 2600.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.