Some UK Fans Kill ME...and I'm a UK Fan!!!

Jumper_Dad

I would of liked to see Hawkins get more time and Polson get more time than he does. 1 min here and there isn't enough in my opinion. I really like Johnson and glad he's getting a lot of playing time.

Hawkins is going to develop and be a great leader on this team when his time comes. He just doesn't offer much on the offensive end right now. Practically had to beg him to shoot wide open looks earlier in the season. Really hoping he develops and plays a role in his junior and senior seasons.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite comment I read was Jared Polson should be starting over Andrew Harrison. Anyone who made that comment right there just said " I don't know basketball". Every year our PG (not named John Wall) struggles at the start and all them except for Harrow came around. I will take those odds every year.

I will say this where I think UK fans get a bad rap on this board is people act like this is unique to Kentucky. I've lived in different areas and anyone who doesn't think Ohio State or Michigan fans are just as bad doesn't get around much. All fan bases have this segment of fans. UC fans have their segment as does Louisiville. The only difference between UK/UofL/UC fans is that UK just has a lot more fans so by law of averages that segment of crazy will be a larger number of people. UK fans make up a majority of this board so obviously you are going to get comments coming from every angle.

I would of liked to see Hawkins get more time and Polson get more time than he does. 1 min here and there isn't enough in my opinion. I really like Johnson and glad he's getting a lot of playing time.

I would have liked to have seen Willis gotten more playing time. What time he did get in games he seemed to run the floor well, and handle and pass the ball well enough. And Randle has commented that he is usually their best shooter in practice.

But Cal watches them every day in practice and he obviously has his reasons for who he plays.

I admit I am one of those fans that has grumbled occasionally this season, just out of frustration after losses that I felt they should have won. I've been particularly harsh with the twins. But these are youngsters one year removed from high school competition. There's a learning process and we as fans are going to have to be patient. Not all 5 star freshmen players are going to be once in a generation super stars that Anthony Davis and MKG were. I think I was spoiled quite a bit by what those two accomplished.

Only meaningful minutes Polson should do the rest of this year is sit on the bench and celebrate with the team and give the starters high fives. He is a liability on defense that already has too many liabilities. Offensively he's passable but cant do enough to help this team. He's playing enough as it is.

^Agreed completely.

Yesterday exposed Dakari defensively. When you're playing a defense that switches everything (like the Cats do), you can't play Dakari against a team like Wichita State. He couldn't keep up and it was a layup line in the 1st half.

I love him, and think he's going to have a fantastic career, but yesterday's game was not one of his finer moments IMO. He did make a huge play on the offensive rebound off the missed FT though.

^Agreed completely.

Yesterday exposed Dakari defensively. When you're playing a defense that switches everything (like the Cats do), you can't play Dakari against a team like Wichita State. He couldn't keep up and it was a layup line in the 1st half.

I love him, and think he's going to have a fantastic career, but yesterday's game was not one of his finer moments IMO. He did make a huge play on the offensive rebound off the missed FT though.

Dakari isn't very quick on his feet and I can live with that. We probably should adjust our defense when he is in the game with that in mind. If I had a critique of Dakari it would be he misses way to many bunnies or point blank shots. That is something I think he will improve on as he gets stronger. But man he leaves 4-6 pts out their it seems every game for the last few weeks.

^Agreed completely.

Agreed on Dakari and I think he will have a very good career. However IMO for a bigger guy he doesn't play that strong and gets pushed around to easily when going against physical players. He definitely has a good skill set on the offensive end though and will just get better and stronger.

It kills me how as this season has gone on many "UK Fans" have bashed everything about the program.

1.Cal's Coaching ability...many posted that it was time for him to go and replace him with who? Travis Ford?

2.Cal's recruiting philosophy...would you really be happy if UK wasn't recruiting and signing top 10-20 players and passing them up for lower level players...yeah that would be OK.

3.Specific play by a specific player from game to game...they'll completely bash a Twin one game then ignore them when they have a good game and bash another player that had a poor last game.

4.They "Parrot" criticisms they hear or may have read 4 weeks ago that have no relevance to current or recent play

5.Unrealistic expectations...Reading many of the post on here after wins (not even after losses) The level of play expected of these players is a higher level of play than is being played in the NBA...

It is almost as if they are trying to find as much wrong as possible to complain about so that after the season they can then say "See I told you so, go back and look".

For those of you that revel in misery, I don't know what to say.

For those of you that want to be the "I told you so guy", well your not that smart to be the only one to see it...your just the ones babbling on about it. Congrats on being able to say "See I told you"...I'd respect your opinion better if you were a Cardinal Fan and not a Fair weather Cat Fan.

I'll admit I get upset when UK loses, I get upset when we make a dumb play, I get upset when we play bad...however I also realize that UK is NEVER going to play a perfect GAME or SEASON...these are college kids.

I have basted "some fans" like tis from time to time when they would post something like "I'm Done!", "Don't care what they do anymore" "no hope for them" and stuff like that. I usually tell them to go on and jump off but don't start jumping back on the wagon when they start winning big again. Having said that...........

I don't know who you are talking about and that doesn't matter. I am just suggesting that although I have read some that were out of line. I believe that you may be mistaking frustration, anger over a play, game, etc. for unrealistic, too strong, etc.. I know that I get "P'd" at a bad game, play or player over some things and will say it. That Does Not Mean that I am personally trashing anyone and certainly doesn't man that I am unrealistic. I, like plenty of....uh, most U.K. basketball fans are passionate about it and yes I will say what I think. Should anyone mis interpret that as one of "those" fans then they couldn't be more wrong. I think that there are, know that some others here are the same.

Putting everyone in a certain "bad fan" type group when they don't even know that person is wrong as well, maybe even more wrong. I am not saying that's what you are doing just making an observation.

The pet Peeve I've had this season is others misunderstanding what is being said. To give you a perfect example I will use myself as an example. I made a thread a month ago wondering if Coach Cal was beginning to be on thin ice with some fans. I http://bluegrasspreps.com/images/smilies/lol.gifalso said in my first post that I don't want any other coach here. That was ignored by many and many took it as if I were calling for Coach Cal's head when all I was doing was trying to get a feel for the fan base and their thoughts on the direction of the team and his coaching.

It's jumping to wrong conclusions or misreading what is being said that is my pet peeve.

:thumb: Thank you. You just said in one sentence what I, in my messed up mind was saying in my above post plus made it better to understand. :lol2:

There have been some posters that all they wanted to do was down grade the players. Never saw anything good that that did, but were the first to point out their mistakes. I kept saying it was a process, to be patient, and enjoy the ride, bumps and all. I can understand some negative things being posted, but calling for Cal to move on, bench Julius and all the negativity on the Twins and nothing positive to say is what I disliked about som of the threads.