Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harvard 61 Cincinnati 57

Featured Replies

Had this one picked so for the day the only one I've missed so far is Ohio State. Hate to see Cinci go home but I saw it coming with the lack of offense.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ivy League can give athletic scholarships for basketball, correct? Can't for football?

Ivy League can give athletic scholarships for basketball' date=' correct? Can't for football?[/quote']

 

No athletic schollies in any sport.

No athletic schollies in any sport.

That makes their win even more impressive.

First loss in my bracket.

What a freakin' gag.

I need GT or some other UC fan to tell me if my perception is right.

 

My perception is that the seemingly regular profile of Mick's team is a)hard-nosed and b)offensively challenged.

 

Is that fair or is that the exception?

13 misses at the rim and lost by 4. Harvard plays a pair of 6-foot-7 guys at PF and C. Should have dominated at the rim and missed time after time. That's how you go home by 4:30 on Thursday...

 

That's what I like to call a Randle.

I need GT or some other UC fan to tell me if my perception is right.

 

My perception is that the seemingly regular profile of Mick's team is a)hard-nosed and b)offensively challenged.

 

Is that fair or is that the exception?

 

GT has probably forgotten more basketball than I'll ever know, but I'd call that assessment spot-on.

GT has probably forgotten more basketball than I'll ever know, but I'd call that assessment spot-on.

 

I think it's right but sometimes when you don't follow a program closely your perception can be incorrect.

  • Author

^Seems spot on. I remember watching the UC/FSU tournament game a few years back and wanting to tear my eyes out. I think the final score was in the 40's...

I need GT or some other UC fan to tell me if my perception is right.

 

My perception is that the seemingly regular profile of Mick's team is a)hard-nosed and b)offensively challenged.

 

Is that fair or is that the exception?

 

Fair for the most part. There has been more of an emphasis put on more skilled offensive players in the last two recruiting classes so it should change some going forward, but landing those types wasn't easy during the rebuild. That phase is pretty much over with SK and Justin being the last guys that signed prior to UC making the tournament...

^Seems spot on. I remember watching the UC/FSU tournament game a few years back and wanting to tear my eyes out. I think the final score was in the 40's...

 

62-56 UC win. The single most physical game I've ever seen in person...

  • Author
62-56 UC win. The single most physical game I've ever seen in person...

 

Thought the scoring was a lot lower, but yeah, I remember guys being thrown everywhere.

Thought the scoring was a lot lower, but yeah, I remember guys being thrown everywhere.

 

And that team was the exception to the rule in the Cronin era. With Gates, Wright, Dixon, Kilpatrick and Parker they had a pretty solid offensive group. Hence the Sweet 16 finish...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.