Brent Spence Bridge Fix

No one in Kentucky is doing this, or perhaps I should say the candidates that would do this are not elected in Kentucky or southwest Ohio.

You are confirming in point one that McConnell has no power? So why re-elect him?

To your first part I never said KY was electing such officials but let's not be naive and not think elections across this country either indirectly or directly impact all of us . The budget has become so bloated government has lost sight on core responsibilities .

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO TOLLS. Cut back on some of the millions/billions USA sends to other countries and earmark that money to take care of the infrastructure of THIS COUNTRY. My wife and I would have to each pay twice a day 5 and 6 days a week. We cannot afford the extra cash, and no neither job is accessible by bus. Alternate routes will be congested for sure and some of those routes are not motorist friendly. Do we honestly believe if tolls are put on that bridge, they will eventually be taken off? Hell no! This is a huge tax boondoggle for state and federal. Those tolls will NEVER be taken off that bridge. I wish I was as financially set as some people are.

I hope the bridge does not have tolls either. Anyone travel through Illinois near Chicago on their toll roads? What a mess and it has been this way for many, many years. Read that the toll could be $5.00.

The feds will not build this for a long time, if ever. Tolls are the most sensible solution to get it done quickly, although I understand the concern. Ths will only get more expensive every year it is delayed. I just pray something awful doesn't happen to get it built.

And a freshman senator would?

Does it matter? McConnell has done nothing. Personally, I want all incumbents voted out. I would love to see term limits - 2 terms for Senators; 6 terms for reps. Our Congress is worthless. But I digress from the debate at hand.

For this discussion, I think a freshman senator might at least try to do something for a new bridge, where McConnell says there is nothing he can do.

NO TOLLS. Cut back on some of the millions/billions USA sends to other countries and earmark that money to take care of the infrastructure of THIS COUNTRY. My wife and I would have to each pay twice a day 5 and 6 days a week. We cannot afford the extra cash, and no neither job is accessible by bus. Alternate routes will be congested for sure and some of those routes are not motorist friendly. Do we honestly believe if tolls are put on that bridge, they will eventually be taken off? Hell no! This is a huge tax boondoggle for state and federal. Those tolls will NEVER be taken off that bridge. I wish I was as financially set as some people are.

How much do you waste in gas waiting in traffic? How much time do you waste when you could be at work or home with your family? How much more will this bridge cost as we wait for the leprachauns to deliver a pot of gold? I want a new bridge now. And I sure don't want to see $37 million dollars that were supposed to be for the bridge lost like flight MH370 and we are all sitting here wondering what happened.

I hope the bridge does not have tolls either. Anyone travel through Illinois near Chicago on their toll roads? What a mess and it has been this way for many, many years. Read that the toll could be $5.00.

I read where it would be $1. I believe that is what the toll will be in Louisville.

1. McConnell is the minority leader as you stated so as long as Reid leads the senate his hands are tied .

2. I believe infrastructure is one of governments main jobs a long with defense so obviously the federal government should replace this bridge with our tax dollars.

3. But when people continue to support candidates who create programs and add expenses to the federal government outside of the original intent and structure of the Federal government , should not be so surprised when there is little money left for government to full fill core duties.

I would say because most political analyst predict the GOP to take back the Senate and with Boehner in the house and McConnell in the Senate I'd say that is great for the KY and Ohio area.

I personally don't vote for people based on pork projects but if that is important to you the scenario I painted above is your best chance.

Is the bridge a project the federal government should build or is it a pork project?

Is the bridge a project the federal government should build or is it a pork project?

It's a job the federal government should do. My comment about pork was meant to say I get annoyed by people judging a candidate based on the amount of money they bring "home". I would prefer a candidate who keeps more money at home in my pocket in the first place . Instead of sending more and more money to the bloated mess we call the Federal government. Sorry if I find it amusing when people are confused why the government doesn't have money to build bridges when they elect politicians who create programs that eat away at the American pocket book. Until government prioritizes spending and understands their true role in society we will continue to have these problems.

How much do you waste in gas waiting in traffic? How much time do you waste when you could be at work or home with your family? How much more will this bridge cost as we wait for the leprachauns to deliver a pot of gold? I want a new bridge now. And I sure don't want to see $37 million dollars that were supposed to be for the bridge lost like flight MH370 and we are all sitting here wondering what happened.

IF we had HOV lanes from Florence to West Chester and to Mason, as well as other improvements I would be willing to pay for a toll, just because you may cross the river fast, doesn't mean getting to the bridge will be fast, as well as after you get into Ohio.

I too cross the bridge several times a day, I can spend a little time in traffic, but can't pay to cross the bridge 4-5 times each way each day. Some will say to just get off the exit and take another bridge across the river and get back on 71 or 75 in Ohio, but how many others will be doing that to cross the river? Covington is already a mess in the late afternoons for rush hour, it could be that way all day long with people avoiding the tolls. The ONLY good tolls will do is possibly have the traffic that is just passing through and not stopping go around 275.

My wife and I cross early and late. Don't sit in too much traffic. However, what do you think will happen to other routes when this TAX is implemented? This should have been taken care of years ago and everybody knows it. Your statement about loosing money like MH370, are you kidding? US Government shells out that kind of money and more to countries around the damn globe every day. Maybe we should tell those sucking at the US teet abroad we need to cut back to take care of our citizens needs for a while. NO TOLLS, my family cannot afford it.

How do we get the federal government to build us a bridge? If McConnell, Boehner, Paul, Massie and all our other legislators made it their number one priority, maybe we would have at least have a chance. Instead, they all say there is no hope and do nothing. Now, with Louisville building a bridge with tolls, it will be even more difficult. How do all those legislators push for the federal government to fund our bridge when the most populous area in the state is paying tolls? Virtually every bridge being built in the US is putting tolls in place. My concern is no tolls means no bridge until the Brent Spence Bridge falls in the river. And not one person or leader has come up with a plan to build the bridge without tolls. If it can be done with tolls, please show us a way to do it and I will be leading the charge.

It's a job the federal government should do. My comment about pork was meant to say I get annoyed by people judging a candidate based on the amount of money they bring "home". I would prefer a candidate who keeps more money at home in my pocket in the first place . Instead of sending more and more money to the bloated mess we call the Federal government. Sorry if I find it amusing when people are confused why the government doesn't have money to build bridges when they elect politicians who create programs that eat away at the American pocket book. Until government prioritizes spending and understands their true role in society we will continue to have these problems.

They do have the money, we'll I mean they just borrow the money but they do have the money.

Every interstate could be declared a critical infrastructure asset but I-75 and I -65 are key north south links for the nation and key to commerce at a national level. If you shut down any of the bridges for an extended time on these two inter-states there would be a major impact to the economy. Somehow this bridge needs updating. It will be expensive but how it was missed in the stimulus spending spree and does not have a definite plan is nuts at this point.

My wife and I cross early and late. Don't sit in too much traffic. However, what do you think will happen to other routes when this TAX is implemented? This should have been taken care of years ago and everybody knows it. Your statement about loosing money like MH370, are you kidding? US Government shells out that kind of money and more to countries around the damn globe every day. Maybe we should tell those sucking at the US teet abroad we need to cut back to take care of our citizens needs for a while. NO TOLLS, my family cannot afford it.

Now, now OlDog you are making way too much sense. That sort of practical thinking is not allowed anymore!!!