Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wake Forest 82 Duke 72

Featured Replies

I told a friend tonight that I was just about to put Duke in my Final Four and then this happens. The same thing has happened a couple times with Kansas. Bottom line, it is hard to find the "best" team in college basketball this year.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been saying all year that Duke sucks. Nobody believes me.

Duke is #4 in the ACC and #4 in the polls. Crazy.

 

Anyone think at the start of the season all 4 teams in the Champions Classic would have at least 7 losses going in to the final game of the season? Duke, 22-7 (#4), Kansas, 22-7 (#8), Michigan State, 22-7 (#22), Kentucky, 21-8 (#25).

Duke is #4 in the ACC and #4 in the polls. Crazy.

 

Anyone think at the start of the season all 4 teams in the Champions Classic would have at least 7 losses going in to the final game of the season? Duke, 22-7 (#4), Kansas, 22-7 (#8), Michigan State, 22-7 (#22), Kentucky, 21-8 (#25).

Just goes to show the Duke bias is still strong. I know you like Duke pp92, but even you have to laugh at the hypocriscy of the rankings. 4th in the ACC yet they are ranked 4th in the nation lol.

I honestly think Duke has the deepest backcourt in the country. Duke's frontcourt just isn't good. Then when they quit attacking the rim and jacking up 3's they are an average team. I still don't understand why Thorton plays so much. With all that said it's hard for me to justify how they were the #4 team in the country.

Just goes to show the Duke bias is still strong. I know you like Duke pp92, but even you have to laugh at the hypocriscy of the rankings. 4th in the ACC yet they are ranked 4th in the nation lol.

 

The catapulting following the Syracuse loss is what put them to where they are today. Had they not moved in the polls that week they would be around or just outside of the top 10 which is probably more reflective of their results.

  • Author

When they say Marshall Plumlee will need to be a key factor in the tournament is when you know you have issues.

I honestly think Duke has the deepest backcourt in the country. Duke's frontcourt just isn't good. Then when they quit attacking the rim and jacking up 3's they are an average team. I still don't understand why Thorton plays so much. With all that said it's hard for me to justify how they were the #4 team in the country.

 

I did not watch last night. Flipped by it, I saw who they were playing and at the time held a comfortable lead.

 

But from the times I have seen Duke play this season, Parker, by default and necessity, is their best low post presence. It is like watching a more skilled version of Murray State. They look for the three first and foremost and after that they become incredibly average.

It is like watching a more skilled version of Murray State.

 

That is an incredibly accurate depiction of Duke. The front court just isn't good enough. The question will be then, is Jabari Parker good enough to take them deep into the tournament?

Yikes, no one wants the other two 1 seeds.

 

Huh? There's only one that's even a question at this point....

Huh? There's only one that's even a question at this point....

 

I think you are right. The Shockers have 1. Even if Florida and Arizona drop their final game then lose first round of their conference tournaments (not going to happen), no other team's resume is strong enough to leap them.

 

The other teams in consideration: Kansas, Wisconsin, Nova, Michigan, Syracuse, and Virginia. All these teams have some MAJOR flaws in warranting consideration for the final #1 seed.

If they win the ACC tournament, I don't see how Virginia doesn't get the final spot...

 

I'll also say, not sure how Nova doesn't get it over Kansas when they're:

 

A) Ranked ahead of them

 

B) Beat them head-to-head

 

and

 

C) are #4 in the RPI.

Huh? There's only one that's even a question at this point....

 

FL and Wichita have it locked up. I guess AZ does as well.

If they win the ACC tournament, I don't see how Virginia doesn't get the final spot...

 

I'll also say, not sure how Nova doesn't get it over Kansas when they're:

 

A) Ranked ahead of them

 

B) Beat them head-to-head

 

and

 

C) are #4 in the RPI.

At first glance you would think so. But losing to Green Bay, scoring 38 against Wisconsin in a loss, and losing to Tennessee by 35 or whatever it was looks bad for UVA. They have benefited more than any other ACC team by the unbalanced scheduling.

 

Nova > Kansas makes sense. Then you see Nova was obliterated by Creighton, twice. Creighton could have beat them by 50+ the first time. Creighton is good, but not that good. And obviously Kansas has lost 7 times.

 

Someone correct me if I am wrong. The only time a team with 7 losses has secured a #1 seed is Michigan State in 2000. The bulk of their losses occurred early in the season when Mateen Cleaves was injured. Heck, UK even beat them at Rupp :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.