Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wake Forest 82 Duke 72

Featured Replies

That is an incredibly accurate depiction of Duke. The front court just isn't good enough. The question will be then, is Jabari Parker good enough to take them deep into the tournament?

 

I would say without a doubt yes. Last 2 games they've lost, UNC/Wake, they went on spans of 5-9 minutes without a FG. If they can eliminate those, they are very hard to beat. Both of those games Parker didnt touch the ball. We shall see. I'm biased of course and I feel they will be a Final Four team this year.... Hopefully...

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say without a doubt yes. Last 2 games they've lost, UNC/Wake, they went on spans of 5-9 minutes without a FG. If they can eliminate those, they are very hard to beat. Both of those games Parker didnt touch the ball. We shall see. I'm biased of course and I feel they will be a Final Four team this year.... Hopefully...

It is not about Parker, it is about everyone else.

Zero post play makes it tough to make a deep run. That's been my take on Duke since the beginning of the year.

what did you all think of the duke player number 14 taking the ball from the wake player at the end of the game when everyone else on the court including the duke players were running out the clock?

what did you all think of the duke player number 14 taking the ball from the wake player at the end of the game when everyone else on the court including the duke players were running out the clock?

 

I didn't like it, but not something to get too worked up about. Wake had clearly stopped playing and Duke had stopped fouling so he probably shouldn't have done it. It was similar to Schiano/Tampa Bay rushing the quarterback while he was taking a knee.

Anyone have a video of the court storming after the game? There were some tiny kids that I am shocked did not get trampled. I was watching the replay of it and one little kid fell on the way out to the center of the court.

I thought it was funny the way he did it. Came up from behind and took it.

Duke lost. We are looking at the new #1 ranked team in the country next week.....1. Duke

Anyone have a video of the court storming after the game? There were some tiny kids that I am shocked did not get trampled. I was watching the replay of it and one little kid fell on the way out to the center of the court.

 

I didn't see it but doesn't surprise me. I guess that someone will have to be seriously injured or die before there is an "Honest" effort put forth to stop the stuff. Having a ticket gives a person the right to a seat I the stands and Not the playing floor before,during or after the game just as a player has no right to go in the stands.

I didn't see it but doesn't surprise me. I guess that someone will have to be seriously injured or die before there is an "Honest" effort put forth to stop the stuff. Having a ticket gives a person the right to a seat I the stands and Not the playing floor before,during or after the game just as a player has no right to go in the stands.

 

They looked like little kids, like 2nd grade age.

I didn't see it but doesn't surprise me. I guess that someone will have to be seriously injured or die before there is an "Honest" effort put forth to stop the stuff. Having a ticket gives a person the right to a seat I the stands and Not the playing floor before,during or after the game just as a player has no right to go in the stands.

 

I agree 100% here. While I don't care about opposing teams storming the court it has lost its luster IMO. Especially the way college basketball has been the past 2 years. Upsets happen every day it seems and every single game there is an upset there is a court storm. I think they only way that it will stop will be when some one gets hurts, sad but true.

It is not about Parker, it is about everyone else.

 

I can agree with you here to an extent. Hood and Parker both have to play to their fullest ability. That 3 week stretch when they were both doing so they were just laying wood to teams. When both of them click, they are tough to beat. When they are not, they are just like every other team in the country. Can be beat on any given night.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.