Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College basketball fan or Kentucky fan?

Featured Replies

I'm going to take a stab and guess that there are a crap load of UK fans on this board because this board is based in Kentucky. Just a guess. Don't have much to support that theory though. Just guessing. :D

 

Don't put yourself out on a limb too far PP :)

I like both and love the tourney, but NCAA basketball is a lot more enjoyable when the Cats are good.

 

I do find it hard to root for any other team in most games and pretty much watch them all as a neutral observer and enjoy being able to do that. Even if Duke and UNC are playing I don't/can't root for either, so I just enjoy the game.

Love College hoops and like Swamprat I was up watching

after midnight on Saturday watching Cal Poly. I'm thinking at some

point in time the amount of hoops I watch should translate into a win

on the college hoops pick'em.

I am definitely both. Kentucky fan first, college basketball fan second.

 

This will be my four year in a row of taking a half day on Thursday, with a full day on Friday from work to simply sit on my couch and watch the opening round of March Madness. My favorite weekend of the year. And what proves that I'm a college basketball fan, is I even did it last year.

There's College Basketball outside of Lexington? :idunno:

I am definitely both. Kentucky fan first, college basketball fan second.

 

This will be my four year in a row of taking a half day on Thursday, with a full day on Friday from work to simply sit on my couch and watch the opening round of March Madness. My favorite weekend of the year. And what proves that I'm a college basketball fan, is I even did it last year.

 

Been doing this for several years now, I've tried to convince my

company that I would be so completely in-efficient that they shouldn't

charge me vacation days.

 

Throw any diet out the window pizza, beer, wings, & anything else I

can find to throw into the mix.

Murray State and UK fan, probably in that order. I like watching other good teams and players, may keep up with some teams within conference, and I will watch to root against rival teams; but, outside of my rooting interests, I do not go out of my way to watch college basketball. I know a lot about it and love the tournament, but the quality of college basketball in my view continuously worsens. The gap between collegiate and pro athletics is huge, obviously, but I feel that gap is wider in college basketball and the NBA more than most sports.

We don't just play college basketball! We ARE college basketball! So doesn't that mean if I watch a UK game, I am killing 2 birds with one stone?

I'm going to take a stab and guess that there are a crap load of UK fans on this board because this board is based in Kentucky. Just a guess. Don't have much to support that theory though. Just guessing. :D

 

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that there is an alarming number of people who are Kentucky fans that are utterly and completely oblivious about the college hoops world outside of UK. Except for maybe whatever the latest Duke goings-on that they can get enraged about (or gleeful, in the case of a Duke loss).

 

I figure that number is at least 18 percent or so.

I would think the number of those that aren't both is very very low. Hard to be passionate about your team and season without having an idea of what is going on with other teams and where you stack up.

I would think the number of those that aren't both is very very low. Hard to be passionate about your team and season without having an idea of what is going on with other teams and where you stack up.

 

Don't confuse "passionate" for "knowledgeable."

Football first, but I like basketball as well.

 

My favorite week of the year - conference tournament week where the teams nobody's ever heard of get to play for a spot in the Big Dance.

Don't confuse "passionate" for "knowledgeable."

 

Like a certain Democrat on BGP, he is passionate about a lot of things but rarely knows what he is talking about :)

Football first, but I like basketball as well.

 

My favorite week of the year - conference tournament week where the teams nobody's ever heard of get to play for a spot in the Big Dance.

 

Was sick and in and out of hospital last year during this time, looking forward to enjoying conf tourneys this year!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.