Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jerry Tipton

Featured Replies

Apparently Tipton has written another article that has stirred up emotions in Lexington. Admittedly I haven't read the article nor will I. With that said I really don't want to like this guy but then again if not for Jerry Tipton we would not have Not Jerry Tipton. I do find it ironic that Jerry's greatest contribution is a satire twitter account of Jerry.

I read the article. It was everywhere you turned last night. Sports writers that don't even cover basketball were tweeting it out.

 

Definitely provocative.

Tipton is a complete buffoon. I don't know if there's a more annoying hack in the business. I won't buy anything that's sponsoring any of his columns that week.

 

I understand that people need to be critical of UK basketball and some people may be too sensitive to that criticism, but this guy takes it to another level.

 

Asking MKG the question on about his dead father was crossing a line, and I think it should have cost him his job. In my opinion, that kind of behavior shows what a pathetic human Tipton is.

I love Jerry Tipton. He's a great writer and a nice guy. Don't hate a guy for doing his job.

I love Jerry Tipton. He's a great writer and a nice guy. Don't hate a guy for doing his job.

 

Sorry, I don't consider asking MKG a wildly inappropriate question about his dead father, probably for the sole purpose of being provocative and antagonistic toward a UK basketball player, then having a retraction/apology issued to try and cover the scorched earth is part of the job description for a sports columnist.

I'm not seeing that article as damning.

 

Me either.

 

If anything, it bored me to tears.

Me either.

 

If anything, it bored me to tears.

 

Yea, I didn't really think anything in the article was that bad, especially given what I'd read about it on here. In general, I just think Tipton is a hack whose stooped to some pretty low levels to try and take swipes at UK.

Yea, I didn't really think anything in the article was that bad, especially given what I'd read about it on here. In general, I just think Tipton is a hack whose stooped to some pretty low levels to try and take swipes at UK.

 

His thing is to look for the negative or try to stir up trouble.

 

Not Jerry Tipton > Jerry Tipton

His thing is to look for the negative or try to stir up trouble.

 

Not Jerry Tipton > Jerry Tipton

 

Definitely agree. Some of the stuff with guys like MKG and Kelenna Azubuike just seemed to get really personal and had nothing to do with their careers or Tipton's job description. Plenty of people don't like Tipton, but I think it'd be low of them to insult his family to take a shot at him.

 

I think John Clay is fine, he can, and has, criticized the program and Calipari. I just see it as different because he does so inbounds and without resorting to the lows of Tipton.

 

Agree that Not Tipton is far better than Tipton. The fact that the guy's career has become such a caricature speaks volumes to me.

Definitely agree. Some of the stuff with guys like MKG and Kelenna Azubuike just seemed to get really personal and had nothing to do with their careers or Tipton's job description. Plenty of people don't like Tipton, but I think it'd be low of them to insult his family to take a shot at him.

 

I think John Clay is fine, he can, and has, criticized the program and Calipari. I just see it as different because he does so inbounds and without resorting to the lows of Tipton.

 

Agree that Not Tipton is far better than Tipton. The fact that the guy's career has become such a caricature speaks volumes to me.

 

I really like John Clay & Mark Story as well.

I really like John Clay & Mark Story as well.

 

Agree. Both of them are guys that I really like. I think Clay is underrated. He can write some great rah-rah stuff, but can write some really biting things as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.