January 21, 201412 yr Yeah, but you're not really adding extra plays.....those plays still occur, just with different personnel. They don't argue with the no huddle now, which certainly adds more plays to the game. How in the world is it not adding extra plays vs PATs? Full on downs from point blank with no clock running.
January 21, 201412 yr I'm in favor of eliminating the PAT so you have to go for 2 each time or moving it back. Either will make it more exciting.
January 21, 201412 yr I don't know why everyone is so ready to change the game. It's already changed too much since Goodell took over IMO. I love it the way it is. I'll accept that some replay rules need changed, but not much more than that.
January 21, 201412 yr And I'm saying that the XP is the easiest part of their job. If you eliminated field goals, yeah I could see them getting rid of kickers. But you are taking away something most punters could do already anyways. Most punters can not kick field goals as well as a FG kicker. If they could they would be punters/kickers already. Didn't Chad Johnson kick an extra point or two? :lol2:
January 21, 201412 yr Didn't Chad Johnson kick an extra point or two? :lol2: Yes. And Doug Flutie once went old school with the drop kick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2S_7TT2a1H4
January 21, 201412 yr How in the world is it not adding extra plays vs PATs? Full on downs from point blank with no clock running. Extra points are plays, just with different personnel. Whether you kick 4 extra points after touchdowns, or go for two, your still only running 4 plays. Running a no huddle offense, throwing the ball a lot (incompletions stop the clock) all add more plays. And when was the last time you saw a QB hurt on a two point conversion. Typically 2 point plays are runs or quick passes that expose the QB to very little risk of taking a hit. Just saying that if someone wants to argue that point, it's not a logical argument.
January 21, 201412 yr Extra points are plays, just with different personnel. Whether you kick 4 extra points after touchdowns, or go for two, your still only running 4 plays. Running a no huddle offense, throwing the ball a lot (incompletions stop the clock) all add more plays. And when was the last time you saw a QB hurt on a two point conversion. Typically 2 point plays are runs or quick passes that expose the QB to very little risk of taking a hit. Just saying that if someone wants to argue that point, it's not a logical argument.Have you ever known the league, or Skip and Stephen A. to be logical?
January 21, 201412 yr How about instead of eliminating XPs, they eliminate the 2-point conversion?....It doesn't sound like it'd have an impact, but it would completely change the thought-process and decision making down the stretch of games IMO.
January 21, 201412 yr Have you ever known the league, or Skip and Stephen A. to be logical? I don't even think those guys would use that argument.
January 21, 201412 yr How about instead of eliminating XPs, they eliminate the 2-point conversion?....It doesn't sound like it'd have an impact, but it would completely change the thought-process and decision making down the stretch of games IMO. The two point conversion has not been around that long in the NFL.
January 21, 201412 yr The two point conversion has not been around that long in the NFL. 20 years....No one playing now was playing when it wasn't around. It'd have a bigger impact than you think.
January 21, 201412 yr 20 years....No one playing now was playing when it wasn't around. It'd have a bigger impact than you think. Why eliminate either? Isn't the current system working just fine?
January 21, 201412 yr Why eliminate either? Isn't the current system working just fine? The current system was working just fine without any instant replay. The current system was working just fine without the two point conversion. Looking ahead and trying to be progressive is not always a good thing, but living in comfort is not always what is best for the product. Look no further than baseball.
January 22, 201412 yr The current system was working just fine without any instant replay. The current system was working just fine without the two point conversion. Looking ahead and trying to be progressive is not always a good thing' date=' but living in comfort is not always what is best for the product. Look no further than baseball.[/quote'] I think replay, while flawed, can help the game. I don't see why it's necessary to eliminate the XP. while very rare, it is possible to miss it or get blocked. I don't have a problem with baseball.
January 22, 201412 yr I think replay, while flawed, can help the game. I don't see why it's necessary to eliminate the XP. while very rare, it is possible to miss it or get blocked. I don't have a problem with baseball. I was just giving examples of what people may have been saying when those things were instituted. I think we all agree those have been positives for the NFL. RE: Baseball, they are always labeled as being last to the party when it comes to implementing any type of change or forward thinking with their game. Football is always looking ahead to come up with a better alternative to their product, even if it takes us out of our comfort zone.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.