Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLK Day

Featured Replies

This day is a sad day for me as people pull out their 'favorite' MLK quote and put it on Facebook and get 123 likes. People go to their marches and parades to celebrate the life of an iconic man who made serious headway in the civil rights movement. For 24 hours(about 12 hours really but who's counting) we celebrate one of the greatest human beings ever on the face of this planet and then tomorrow we go back to ignoring everything he taught us and everything he stood for and we remain the stagnant society we are. I'd rather argue about Richard Sherman than go back to Facebook and watch the hypocrisy.

 

Sad day indeed.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put up a quote on FB that I have heard for years that I like, sorry if you think I'm a hypocrite...

King was a communist who cheated on his wife with white women. Now we have a racist "black" president, he should be so proud.

  • Author
I put up a quote on FB that I have heard for years that I like, sorry if you think I'm a hypocrite...

 

It's all good. Just venting about how today will soon be forgotten by yellow, red, black and white people alike. It's depressing and draining.

  • Author
King was a communist who cheated on his wife with white women. Now we have a racist "black" president, he should be so proud.

 

So if he cheated with black women all would be forgiven?

It's all good. Just venting about how today will soon be forgotten by yellow, red, black and white people alike. It's depressing and draining.

 

Yeah it's like the "holier than thou" post and quotes that people put on FB but thehy live a completely different life. People do the same thing at Christmas and Easter as well...

King was a communist who cheated on his wife with white women. Now we have a racist "black" president, he should be so proud.

And we just went off the rails...

King was a communist who cheated on his wife with white women. Now we have a racist "black" president, he should be so proud.

 

 

I'd reply but I'm too busy laughing.

King was a communist who cheated on his wife with white women. Now we have a racist "black" president, he should be so proud.

 

Posts like this are what make me really appreciate the Premium Member board....:ohbrother:

It's all good. Just venting about how today will soon be forgotten by yellow, red, black and white people alike. It's depressing and draining.

 

I know its definitely different but its how I feel on other days throughout the year that have something to do with our military. Everyone has to have their obligatory quote or whatever and then its forgotten until the next holiday. Different but a similar feeling I get.

  • Author
I know its definitely different but its how I feel on other days throughout the year that have something to do with our military. Everyone has to have their obligatory quote or whatever and then its forgotten until the next holiday. Different but a similar feeling I get.

 

Yep.

This day is a sad day for me as people pull out their 'favorite' MLK quote and put it on Facebook and get 123 likes. People go to their marches and parades to celebrate the life of an iconic man who made serious headway in the civil rights movement. For 24 hours(about 12 hours really but who's counting) we celebrate one of the greatest human beings ever on the face of this planet and then tomorrow we go back to ignoring everything he taught us and everything he stood for and we remain the stagnant society we are. I'd rather argue about Richard Sherman than go back to Facebook and watch the hypocrisy.

 

 

Sad day indeed.

 

I respect the man and he did great things. Great men have been saying great things for ever and then it seems everyone forgets what was said.

King was a communist who cheated on his wife with white women. Now we have a racist "black" president, he should be so proud.

 

So what is your take on everything he did, said and accomplished during his life?

I'd reply but I'm too busy laughing.

 

Why? I thought the grammar was ok. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.