Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs. Shelby County

Featured Replies

I know Shelby is a formidable opponent and ranked but does anyone have any more info on their team? Didnt they just get a transfer this past year from Carroll Co?

They have the favorite for Mr. Basketball in A.J. Slaughter, a WKU signee.

What is their record and who are their losses too.

What is their record and who are their losses too.

 

23-2 with 16 straight wins. Losses to PRP and Warren Central in the King Of The Bluegrass. They also won the Fifth Third Classic at Lexington Catholic.

Since the start of '06 their schedule hasn't been that tough. The 8th is down this year.

They have the favorite for Mr. Basketball in A.J. Slaughter, a WKU signee.

Do they still have the picture of Charles Hurt in the trophy case?

I know Shelby is a formidable opponent and ranked but does anyone have any more info on their team? Didnt they just get a transfer this past year from Carroll Co?

Yeah they got Euguene Wade (Carroll) 6'7" and the chambers kid who is probally 6'6" and built like a man. Their schedule might not be very strong but they handled holmes before The self destruction that is happening up there.

Shelby Co. is a top 5 team IMO and I don't think that Highlands will be able to slow them down. Shelby 70 Highlands 56

Shelby Co by 11

Do they still have the picture of Charles Hurt in the trophy case?

 

Yes, however they airbrushed it so that you can't see his hand through the rim on Schloemer's shot.

Shelby Co. is a top 5 team IMO and I don't think that Highlands will be able to slow them down. Shelby 70 Highlands 56

 

I don't think Shelby has made a case for being Top 5.

 

HHS D will be tougher than 99% of the teams that Shelby has faced this year.

 

I'll take the Birds in a barnburner.

I don't think Shelby has made a case for being Top 5.

 

HHS D will be tougher than 99% of the teams that Shelby has faced this year.

 

I'll take the Birds in a barnburner.

 

Only losses to PRP and Warren Central and they dismantled Holmes back when they were top 10.

Does anyone have easy directions to the school from Ft.Thomas and the approx time it will take.

Shelby Co. is better than Highlands, and it is most assuredly their game to lose. Is this game in Ft. Thomas? That could help the Birds keep it close. In the grand scheme of things, Shelby is probably half a notch below Pendleton Co. in the pecking order.

 

I'll be officially "shocked" if the Birds can pull the upset. If it is in Ft. Thomas I like Shelby by 5-7, if it is anywhere else, I like Shelby by 10+.

 

The Birds are making it hard on themselves to build any momentum heading into the post-season. This late season schedule is brutal.

This game is in Shelbyville. There is no easy way to get there from Ft. Thomas. The way I see it is to go I-71 south to Louisville take 265 to I-64 east to Shelbyville. Looks like a lot of driving to me. If Sk was playing I would probably make the drive though! :thumb:

Only losses to PRP and Warren Central and they dismantled Holmes back when they were top 10.

 

A 12 pt loss (I'm guessing some of that was built at the end on FTs) is a "dismantling"??

 

This Warren Central team is hardly the same team that you may remember from their state championship run. They've been beaten by teams that are solid but not great. http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kybbk5?id=20698

 

 

I'll say it again: They have not made a case for Top 5. Look at their schedule sincethe 5/3. They have not been tested in almost 2 months. They MAY be very good. Winning 2 games in December doesn't tell me a lot.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.