January 10, 201412 yr ^I saw a tweet saying he told the guy to basically "come get some". :lol2: Saw that too... Apparently told him to "come on down." :ohbrother:
January 10, 201412 yr Nothing worse than Memphis... ...except maybe the Cardinal frontcourt. Absolutely horrendous. This team is a disaster right now.
January 10, 201412 yr UL looked pretty bad. I was hoping I'd fall asleep but the game started too early. As Pitino said, this team has no leader. It's time to start getting it together. May drop out of the top 20.
January 10, 201412 yr UL looked pretty bad. I was hoping I'd fall asleep but the game started too early. As Pitino said, this team has no leader. It's time to start getting it together. May drop out of the top 20. Haven't even looked good in any of the games against Top 25 competition. It's one thing to play a decent game but still come up short, but that's not what's been going on. They looked like they were sleepwalking through offensive possessions last night and I'm pretty sure a couple guys didn't even know which defense they were supposed to be playing at any given time. It's amazing just how important Siva's direction was to this team last year. As of this moment, they're a complete mess.
January 10, 201412 yr Nice classy fans at Louisville, surely they didnt bash on Memphis academics, especially after teh Ville just had Ware and Behan get in trouble.
January 10, 201412 yr Something about seeing the color blue... just makes us angry. The Memphis game definitely brings out the worst in people. No idea what the guy said, but Pastner's response was priceless. I can deal with Louisville taking a loss... but not to Josh Pastner.
January 10, 201412 yr I had a more positive reaction. They are clearly on a new course without Ware and Behanan and need to define new roles. A few thoughts: SVT - I like his hustle. He is limited, but does what he can with what he has. Just has to recognize and not try to do more than he can. Hancock - hopefully this gets him back in the swing of things for a 2nd half push. Bad luck his dunk bounced out. Russ - is Russ. nuff said. Harrell - if he can hit the 8-10' jumper, he will help. Not a good shot selection on the jump hook late in the game. Goaltending was a bad call and the foul in the offensive lane was bad (wiped out a layup) Blackshear - has to step up in Behanan's absence. He is a starter in name only. If he could get going, could potentially move Hancock to the 1 (against some teams) and have him run the 3 when in together. Rozier & Jones - learning, but need to learn quicker. Size is a concern. Backup Cs - need to develop. Until then, dunk, pass & play defense. Rick could find this team in a good position by tourney time -- low expectations, so possible to exceed them. Anyone with great expectations is delusional. The Ware redshirt is an obvious tip toward next year.
January 10, 201412 yr I think we're to the point in the season where it's fair to question just how good this team is. They've played 3 legit tournament caliber teams thus far, and have come away empty.
January 10, 201412 yr I think we're to the point in the season where it's fair to question just how good this team is. They've played 3 legit tournament caliber teams thus far, and have come away empty. You don't have to question it; they're not good. SI's Andy Glockner made a good point last night: if you put Harvard's name on Louisville's resume, they aren't in the tournament field.
January 10, 201412 yr You don't have to question it; they're not good. SI's Andy Glockner made a good point last night: if you put Harvard's name on Louisville's resume, they aren't in the tournament field. At this point, probably correct, but UofL is without a doubt (IMO) a tournament team. They need to get some wins in the 5 games they have remaining with UConn, UC, and Memphis though.
January 10, 201412 yr At this point, probably correct, but UofL is without a doubt (IMO) a tournament team. They need to get some wins in the 5 games they have remaining with UConn, UC, and Memphis though. I'll be front row for UConn.
January 10, 201412 yr At this point, probably correct, but UofL is without a doubt (IMO) a tournament team. They need to get some wins in the 5 games they have remaining with UConn, UC, and Memphis though. Absolutely. Early January was terrible last year too, but I felt like we were playing OK at times just coming up short. This year has a different feeling. The Cardinals just don't look good. Several chances remaining to put together a good resume, but this is pretty awful right now.
January 10, 201412 yr ^I saw a tweet saying he told the guy to basically "come get some". :lol2: Let me tell you, Pastner isn't big and doesn't give any indication that he'd be the least bit interested in an altercation. He was either so blitzed with euphoria that he was delirious, or, the guy in the crowd was just that bad. Or both.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.