Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Memphis 73 Louisville 67

Featured Replies

I think we're to the point in the season where it's fair to question just how good this team is. They've played 3 legit tournament caliber teams thus far, and have come away empty.

 

Absolutely. And they aren't very good right now.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice classy fans at Louisville, surely they didnt bash on Memphis academics, especially after teh Ville just had Ware and Behan get in trouble.

 

What are you talking about? Do you even know?

Let me tell you, Pastner isn't big and doesn't give any indication that he'd be the least bit interested in an altercation. He was either so blitzed with euphoria that he was delirious, or, the guy in the crowd was just that bad. Or both.

 

Which is why his outburst was so surprising to me. According to Matt Jones, the fan was supposedly calling the Memphis players a bunch of thugs. Pastner apparently responded that they have a perfect APR. :lol2: Not sure I buy any of that, but it would be hilarious if true.

According to Matt Jones

 

Oh, I didn't know he came to UofL games.

Oh, I didn't know he came to UofL games.

 

Which is why I said I don't buy it. I rarely put any stock into anything he says.

the fan was supposedly calling the Memphis players a bunch of thugs.

 

There is no term in today's lexicon that more aggravates me than that one. It has become the white way of referring to a black athlete in a way that doesn't get their teeth kicked in, but in nearly every case, they are meaning THE term when they use it. It is lazy, racist, and WAY overused. Every time I hear a white fan say it, and I used to hear it all of the time when I sat between fans and the court, it goes through me like a hot knife through butter. Racial labeling and stereotyping is so out of control and it is a huge pet peeve of mine.

 

Please, help your brethren, start a mission to eradicate the usage of the word "Thugs".

There is no term in today's lexicon that more aggravates me than that one. It has become the white way of referring to a black athlete in a way that doesn't get their teeth kicked in, but in nearly every case, they are meaning THE term when they use it. It is lazy, racist, and WAY overused. Every time I hear a white fan say it, and I used to hear it all of the time when I sat between fans and the court, it goes through me like a hot knife through butter. Racial labeling and stereotyping is so out of control and it is a huge pet peeve of mine.

 

Please, help your brethren, start a mission to eradicate the usage of the word "Thugs".

 

What abut referring to white athletes as thugs? Is that okay in your book?

Anyone else catch the blatant hypocrisy of Dick Vitale when he started discussing Petrino?

What abut referring to white athletes as thugs? Is that okay in your book?

 

*leafing through my book* Don't hear it much, aside from maybe Marshall Henderson, but I think while it is still lazy and trite, it carries less racial undertones. Listen, there are people of all colors that are truly the textbook definition of thugs, but sadly, it has become the go-to term for white fans to refer to aggressive and physical black athletes. Drives me nuts.

 

Fans, in general, should occasionally have to say some of their arena-seat rants to someone's face -- that would solve a lot of the alcohol induced nonsense that is yelled. Just once, have to walk up to someone on Memphis' team, one-on-one, and look him in the eye, and call him a thug. Yeah...that probably wouldn't happen.

 

I'm very soapboxy today....sorry. I just hate the use of the word thug that is everywhere these days.

*leafing through my book* Don't hear it much, aside from maybe Marshall Henderson, but I think while it is still lazy and trite, it carries less racial undertones. Listen, there are people of all colors that are truly the textbook definition of thugs, but sadly, it has become the go-to term for white fans to refer to aggressive and physical black athletes. Drives me nuts.

 

Fans, in general, should occasionally have to say some of their arena-seat rants to someone's face -- that would solve a lot of the alcohol induced nonsense that is yelled. Just once, have to walk up to someone on Memphis' team, one-on-one, and look him in the eye, and call him a thug. Yeah...that probably wouldn't happen.

 

I'm very soapboxy today....sorry. I just hate the use of the word thug that is everywhere these days.

 

Funny you mention Henderson, because I was actually about to put him in my post as an example.

 

Either way, I agree that 95% of the time it's used, it's simply a veiled way of taking a racial shot at a black athlete.

Anyone else catch the blatant hypocrisy of Dick Vitale when he started discussing Petrino?

 

Missed it. What did he say?

Missed it. What did he say?

 

Basically he was criticizing UofL for hiring Petrino because of his past, yet he's a firm supporter of Bruce Pearl getting a coaching job again.

I was watching the game and immediately after the horn fans started booing. What was that about? And they kept it up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.