Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Memphis 73 Louisville 67

Featured Replies

Basically he was criticizing UofL for hiring Petrino because of his past, yet he's a firm supporter of Bruce Pearl getting a coaching job again.

 

Somebody I spoke with that actually watched the game said Vitale practically made those two comments in the same breath. Don't know how true that is, but the fact that he defended Pearl at all is hilarious.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was watching the game and immediately after the horn fans started booing. What was that about? And they kept it up.

 

That was a reaction to Josh Pastner egging on a fan who was giving him hell after the game. It was discussed in several posts above.

I was watching the game and immediately after the horn fans started booing. What was that about? And they kept it up.

 

Either the refs, or the guy that flipped the bird as he was running off the court, or Pastner. Probably all three.

Either the refs, or the guy that flipped the bird as he was running off the court, or Pastner. Probably all three.

 

There was a lot of booing. Not my style. I made a mad dash for the bar.

I never take Vitale all that serious. I just appreciate the work he does on and off the court and accept that his mind is regressing.

There was a lot of booing. Not my style. I made a mad dash for the bar.

 

I understand why people do it I guess, but it's pointless. It's not like it's going to change anything.

Somebody I spoke with that actually watched the game said Vitale practically made those two comments in the same breath. Don't know how true that is, but the fact that he defended Pearl at all is hilarious.

 

He did.

  • Author
Anyone else catch the blatant hypocrisy of Dick Vitale when he started discussing Petrino?

 

Yes; making himself look as dumb as he has plenty from much he's said over the past.

Helped Xavier or sure, who beat UC.

 

Shocking outcome -- I thought UL would be fine tonight. Pastner now 2-564644 against Top 25 opponents.

 

Well...he did just double his win total! :banana:

Really liked the Memphis uniforms. Reminded me of my favorite team.

There is no term in today's lexicon that more aggravates me than that one. It has become the white way of referring to a black athlete in a way that doesn't get their teeth kicked in, but in nearly every case, they are meaning THE term when they use it. It is lazy, racist, and WAY overused. Every time I hear a white fan say it, and I used to hear it all of the time when I sat between fans and the court, it goes through me like a hot knife through butter. Racial labeling and stereotyping is so out of control and it is a huge pet peeve of mine.

 

Please, help your brethren, start a mission to eradicate the usage of the word "Thugs".

 

I am an old white guy...I have used the term "thug"....indiscriminately more often referring to a white person than a black. And I would have considered myself befitting that term when I played sports as I was more brawn than skill at times. Just another POV....it has no racial connotation whatsoever to me.

Basically he was criticizing UofL for hiring Petrino because of his past, yet he's a firm supporter of Bruce Pearl getting a coaching job again.

 

He was also adamant during a UNC game that I watched earlier this year that McDonald and Hairston should be given clearance immediately to play for the Heels. They are good kids who just made a mistake, deserve another chance, etc.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.