Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Boys New Year's Eve Rankings Discussion

Featured Replies

  • Author
Unless Hines were eligible, I'd take Lex Cath over Cordia in a heads-up game on a neutral floor, but I know that's not really what the rankings are all about.

 

 

LexCath looked really good during this tournament. No argument from me there.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that. It was an a crazy amount of mileage for sure. At the same time, had they won just one of those games they'd be significantly higher. They've proven they can play with both of them but historically we have never bumped a team up from unranked to top 10 or higher. They started the preseason poll in the back part of the poll and then lost twice to get knocked out of the poll altogether once some other teams put some impressive wins together. Now that LexCath has proven to be legit(at home anyways) they have to slide in somewhere. I think where Cordia sits(even after Cordia's embarassing loss to Male) is a good spot for LexCath to land for now. It also gives them an opportunity to keep rising as they move into their district and region schedule.

 

 

Did you know that LexCath and Lafayette could possibly meet 5 times this season? I'm sure you did. Blows my mind. :lol:

 

Two districts for seeding, RBC, District, Regionals???

  • Author
Two districts for seeding, RBC, District, Regionals???

 

 

Yep. Wouldn't that be something? Best of 5 series. Winner goes to Rupp if it plays out that way.

Yep. Wouldn't that be something? Best of 5 series. Winner goes to Rupp if it plays out that way.

 

Not necessarily Best-of-5, rather best of "who wins the game at EKU in March."

  • Author
Not necessarily Best-of-5, rather best of "who wins the game at EKU in March."

 

Good point. LexCath could be 4-0 against them going into that game. I was assuming it would be 2-2 if they made it to 5 games. I got a little excited and got ahead of myself. :lol:

Personally , I think Hoptown is too high after watching them in person even though they have great athletes. My top 3 would be Ballard, Trinity, and Holmes. PRP is so up and down I'm not sure they should be in Top 10. You don't know what you will get from them night in and night out.

 

Overall good list though.

  • Author
Personally , I think Hoptown is too high after watching them in person even though they have great athletes. My top 3 would be Ballard, Trinity, and Holmes. PRP is so up and down I'm not sure they should be in Top 10. You don't know what you will get from them night in and night out.

 

Overall good list though.

 

PRP bugs the crap out of me. They should be so much better.

 

Hoptown's win over Lafayette is going a long way for them right now. And again, Hoptown dropped a spot since the last rankings came out. We normally don't penalize or reward teams for losing to out of state competition.

3 top 15 9th Region teams. And how close is Dixie to be ranked?

I think its a good list. Everyone will have a couple of teams in a different spot but it looks very fair. Been fortunate enough to see 16 of the 20 and here are a couple of my impressions:

 

PCC: good team but not overly impressed, FT shooting is not good at all. I would have LexCath ahead of them

Doss: biggest disappointment team

PRP: who knows where to put them, cannot figure out why they are so up and down.

 

Two teams I really wanna see in the next month are MoCo and Lincoln Co.

Here's what is difficult about the teams in the 14th,,,,after the holiday tourneys they mostly have lethargic schedules locally until they play one another. For instance, Cordia and PCC play on the last day of the reg season, and KCC on the Jan 30th. Other than that, cruise control.

Here's what is difficult about the teams in the 14th,,,,after the holiday tourneys they mostly have lethargic schedules locally until they play one another. For instance, Cordia and PCC play on the last day of the reg season, and KCC on the Jan 30th. Other than that, cruise control.

 

Such is life for EKY schools. So much travel involved that it's tough to play quality competition on a regular basis.

 

Always love seeing the WYMT Mountain Classic. Most of it is streamed online. I'll be sure to hype it up when it comes up again. This year could be one of the more interesting fields in recent memory with all of the transfers in the 14th.

I think its a good list. Everyone will have a couple of teams in a different spot but it looks very fair. Been fortunate enough to see 16 of the 20 and here are a couple of my impressions:

 

PCC: good team but not overly impressed, FT shooting is not good at all. I would have LexCath ahead of them

Doss: biggest disappointment team

PRP: who knows where to put them, cannot figure out why they are so up and down.

 

Two teams I really wanna see in the next month are MoCo and Lincoln Co.

 

Unless I'm mistaken, PCC might have another gear. I think they have a kid who'll be a starter that suffered an injury (I'm thinking broken arm or leg) during football season. Once he's back, they should be even better.

Is it fair to say that the 14th might be the toughest region in the State to evaluate right now?

  • Author
Is it fair to say that the 14th might be the toughest region in the State to evaluate right now?

 

Yes. For the reasons that Spin said.

  • Author
3 top 15 9th Region teams. And how close is Dixie to be ranked?

 

Fairly close IMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.