Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Boys New Year's Eve Rankings Discussion

Featured Replies

3 top 15 9th Region teams. And how close is Dixie to be ranked?

 

In my mind they're in the 25-30 range.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a good list. Everyone will have a couple of teams in a different spot but it looks very fair. Been fortunate enough to see 16 of the 20 and here are a couple of my impressions:

 

PCC: good team but not overly impressed, FT shooting is not good at all. I would have LexCath ahead of them

Doss: biggest disappointment team

PRP: who knows where to put them, cannot figure out why they are so up and down.

 

Two teams I really wanna see in the next month are MoCo and Lincoln Co.

 

I think Doss will be there down the stretch, too much talent not to. Also, I think KC Goodin is one of the best coaches in the state. He's turned that program around quickly.

Yes. For the reasons that Spin said.

 

I was more going for all the question marks and potential missing pieces that could become eligible and/or get healthy.

  • Author
I was more going for all the question marks and potential missing pieces that could become eligible and/or get healthy.

 

That will be something to keep an eye on also but until they start beating up on each other we won't have much to judge them by. I am glad I was able to see Cordia twice and KCC twice last week.

That will be something to keep an eye on also but until they start beating up on each other we won't have much to judge them by. I am glad I was able to see Cordia twice and KCC twice last week.

 

Definitely. I was really wanting to see Cordia worse than all of the other teams there just because I wanted to see what they were all about.

 

With that said, they were talented, but definitely not the basketball factory that some were making them out to be. Now, if they had Hines, it'd be different, but we're talking about a team who might not even win their own district (granted, that district includes Knott County Central).

 

Outside of Keita, I didn't think Cordia had much size if we're talking about playing some of the best in the state. However, all that could change if Hines gets eligible.

 

After seeing Hazard, I really wonder what Cordia could have had if Hudson ended up staying. In my opinion, he was one of the more impressive players I saw down there. He's just a man-child and plays like it. Extremely physical. In all honesty though, I think he's really going to benefit from the move to Hazard because it gave him a chance to showcase his ability on the gridiron, and after seeing him play, I'd imagine he's quite the tight end or defensive end. Could probably play collegiately in either sport, but probably would end up having a larger selection of schools if he chose to play football.

Wasn't impressed with E-Town in the KOB. Not sure they are top 20.

I think I'd replace Bowling Green with Male. I agree that Hopkinsville hasn't pulled all the pieces together yet and while I think they'll be there later this season, they aren't 2 right now.

  • Author
I think I'd replace Bowling Green with Male. I agree that Hopkinsville hasn't pulled all the pieces together yet and while I think they'll be there later this season, they aren't 2 right now.

 

 

Male is 4-6 and until they beat Cordia they were on their way to being the biggest disappointment in the 7th region. They have a long way to go to even get mentioned to being ranked. Dixie and Betsy Layne are way way closer to being ranked than Male.

 

 

Hoptown is #3

 

Why is no one giving Hoptown credit for beating Lafayette? Hoptown has defeated 3 top 20 teams on the year but nobody thinks they are any good? And again, they dropped a spot in the last rankings we put out.

Male is 4-6 and until they beat Cordia they were on their way to being the biggest disappointment in the 7th region. They have a long way to go to even get mentioned to being ranked. Dixie and Betsy Layne are way way closer to being ranked than Male.

 

 

Hoptown is #3

 

Why is no one giving Hoptown credit for beating Lafayette? Hoptown has defeated 3 top 20 teams on the year but nobody thinks they are any good? And again, they dropped a spot in the last rankings we put out.

 

Misprint on KHSAA website. I thought Male had won 4 of last 5 games but they had one game printed twice. I agree on them. Hopkinsville is getting credit but they aren't playing great basketball yet. They only beat Etown by 1 points and Fern Creek by 2. They also have a disappointing loss. I don't think anyone is saying they are no good, we are saying they aren't no. 2 or 3 right now. I've been saying all year they have a chance to win it all this season though. I would probably have them No. 5 right now.

  • Author
Misprint on KHSAA website. I thought Male had won 4 of last 5 games but they had one game printed twice. I agree on them. Hopkinsville is getting credit but they aren't playing great basketball yet. They only beat Etown by 1 points and Fern Creek by 2. They also have a disappointing loss. I don't think anyone is saying they are no good, we are saying they aren't no. 2 or 3 right now. I've been saying all year they have a chance to win it all this season though. I would probably have them No. 5 right now.

 

Ballard beat Male by 3. Should they not be #1?

Ballard beat Male by 3. Should they not be #1?

 

No because Male is really good when they get things pulled together. They'll be in your top 25 by the end of the season. Ballard is the best team in the state and I'm not sure it's even close right now.

  • Author
No because Male is really good when they get things pulled together. They'll be in your top 25 by the end of the season. Ballard is the best team in the state and I'm not sure it's even close right now.

 

When Male proves themselves we'll rank them. As of today they aren't deserving.

You can't put Male in the top 25 without Dixie.

 

Dixie has beaten them on a neutral court twice.

For what they're worth, here are the 12-29 MaxPreps Top 25 in Kentucky. My inclination is to go with our homegrown BGP rankings. MP does not always have a team's latest games.

1 Ballard (Louisville)

2 Knott County Central (Hindman)

3 Newport Central Catholic (Newport)

4 Trinity (Louisville)

5 Covington Catholic (Park Hills)

6 Hopkinsville

7 Wayne County (Monticello)

8 Holmes (Covington)

9 Scott County (Georgetown)

10 Montgomery County (Mt. Sterling)

11 Graves County (Mayfield)

12 Pleasure Ridge Park (Louisville)

13 Lafayette (Lexington)

14 Cordia (Hazard)

15 Lincoln County (Stanford)

16 Lexington Catholic (Lexington)

17 Henderson County (Henderson)

18 Perry County Central (Hazard)

19 Southwestern (Somerset)

20 Iroquois (Louisville)

21 Bullitt East (Mt. Washington)

22 Bardstown

23 Doss (Louisville)

24 Madison Central (Richmond)

25 Warren Central (Bowling Green)

Three teams from the 9th Region in the top eight! WOW!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.