Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Choo turns down 7 years 140 million from Yankees?

Featured Replies

I was going to bring this up.

 

What is he expecting? $20 per for his skill set is a pretty nice chunk of change, not sure what he thinks he's worth. I would have thought $20Mil would have been the top of the market for him.

Maybe it wasn't the money.

I can't believe he got offered that much

And I can't believe he turned it down. Not sure which one surprises me more

So the Yankees gave Ellsbury 153 million and was going to give Choo 140 million but Cano wasn't worth 300 million? What am I missing?

So the Yankees gave Ellsbury 153 million and was going to give Choo 140 million but Cano wasn't worth 300 million? What am I missing?
id rather have those two players as opposed to Cano.
id rather have those two players as opposed to Cano.

 

Me too and less years

All that money for Ellsbury so he can give you 50 steals? Money well spent.

 

What has Choo done to deserve 140 million?

 

They are all 30 or 31.

 

Give me Cano.

162 game average for career

 

Cano 27 HR 97 RBI .309 Avg .504 Slg .860 OPS $24Million per (10 tear contract) 31 Years Old (Reportedly)

Choo 20 HR 81 RBI .288 Avg .465 Slg .854 OPS $20Million per (offered for 7 years) 31 Years Old

 

Not that big of a difference for their careers.

162 game average for career

 

Cano 27 HR 97 RBI .309 Avg .504 Slg .860 OPS $24Million per (10 tear contract) 31 Years Old (Reportedly)

Choo 20 HR 81 RBI .288 Avg .465 Slg .854 OPS $20Million per (offered for 7 years) 31 Years Old

 

Not that big of a difference for their careers.

 

I like homers, average and RBIs more than OPS and Choo still isn't better than Cano in that either.

Whenever stats are close, one of the things I'm always forced to fall back on is the number of good pitches any given player is likely to see.

 

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that over the course of nine years, Cano saw a lot more hitable pitches sitting in the middle of a Yankee lineup than Choo did with the Mariners, Indians and Reds. I'd actually be curious to get an estimated number of just how many more strikes sitting in a Yankee (or other top offensive team) lineup is worth over a league average or below average hitting team.

Choo must be insane to turn down that offer especially at age 31.

Choo must be insane to turn down that offer especially at age 31.

 

I totally agree

Choo must be insane to turn down that offer especially at age 31.

 

Deranged.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.