Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baylor 67 Kentucky 62

Featured Replies

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

As I said in the update thread, this team has been very unimpressive, not counting the Providence game.

As I said in the update thread, this team has been very unimpressive, not counting the Providence game.

Yep. And the only thing UK is/was good at was rebounding. Now we see what happens when that is out of the picture. Give credit to Baylor for sticking to the gameplan and daring UK with the zone. UK was terrible defensively. Should have lost by 15.

This team is in it's embryonic stage so I'm not really worried as of yet. With that being said, it takes more than stars to make a good team. What we witnessed in '12 doesn't just happen. Julius is raw but he's a bear, I've yet to really be impressed by the supporting cast. I honestly can't believe some were touting 40-0.

I love what I just hear from Cal. Can I say "raindrops"?

Not so impressive tonight.

 

 

Taking it from the top:

 

1. Defending The Pick & Roll -

Too many blown assignments that gave up EASY scores.

 

2. Attacking the Zone -

Did not get consistent sequences of sets where we'd attack their zone and score; needed scoring to get in pressure and go on runs.

 

3. Rebounding -

Couldn't keep Gathers off the boards. Not at all.

 

3. Isaiah Austin -

Couldn't keep Austin from hitting some shots where he stepped out onto the floor, and (picking, then) rolling to the rim for a dunk, and then occasionally getting a few rebounds too

  • Author

Did Cauley-Stein really have just 3 rebounds?

 

And did UK get a steal?

Grrr...watching this team play the way they played the last 15 minutes was disappointing. They don't handle the zone as well as you would expect and they can't defend pick and roll very well. Combine this with a lack of free throw shooting and you have a team that looks like it could get upset in March. I hope they progress; right now, this is not a top 10 team, IMO.

 

I braved the cold and ice to go to Jerry World for this? :puke:

Not so impressive tonight.

 

 

Taking it from the top:

 

1. Defending The Pick & Roll -

Too many blown assignments that gave up EASY scores.

 

2. Attacking the Zone -

Did not get consistent sequences of sets where we'd attack their zone and score; needed scoring to get in pressure and go on runs.

 

3. Rebounding -

Couldn't keep Gathers off the boards. Not at all.

 

3. Isaiah Austin -

Couldn't keep Austin from hitting some shots where he stepped out onto the floor, and (picking, then) rolling to the rim for a dunk, and then occasionally getting a few rebounds too

Spot on. Still can't believe Baylor only put up 67, should have been 80. UK was knocking down some shots but I believe that gave them a false sense of comfort.

I was waiting on someone to post it, started to post and you posted while I was typing. Oh well, both were reporting the same disappointment.

U.K. cannot hit a free throw to save their butt. 11-23 ft's is terrible. Poor ft shooting combined with absolute horrible half court defense, not blocking out on the defensive glass all worked to get the Cats beat. U.K., over and over failed to rotate over, provide help defense on the Baylor pick/roll. They ran the same pick/roll set over and over and continually score from it, :irked:. Baylor's Coach Drew does a great job with his team. U.K. got a decent lead and the Baylor kids stepped up. Baylor deserved to win.

Good thing is that this game is over. Bad thing will be if the Cat's continue to play the "matador defense", shoot ft's poorly. FT's can and should be worked on and improved by all. I don't care if they spend an entire practice doing nothing but shoot FT's, get it fixed !

Boise comes in Rupp on Tuesday night, they are a better team than some may think. I have no problem with when this team gets back, go to the gym and start shooting FT's and defensive drills until time to go to Rupp for the game on Tuesday. :idunno:

Did Cauley-Stein really have just 3 rebounds?

 

And did UK get a steal?

That's about 3 more than I thought he had. As I've always maintained, WCS just has a bad feel for the game. I thought Young played terrible, just hanging around the perimeter. He loves Tayshaun, well his game now reminds me of his when he was a Freshman.

Amber Alert has been reinstated for Alex Poythress.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.