December 7, 201312 yr Baylor is 100% focused on stopping Randle and they have size. Randle still may end up with a double double. But how many touches has he gotten and how much have we given up to Austin and Gathers? We have size too. No reason for Gathers to outplay the best player in the nation. When I say he's overrated, I mean the comparisons between him, Wiggins, and Parker are overrating them if Gathers and Austin are having their way with he and WCS. How many times have we been burnt with Randle's D in the pick and roll? They are focused on stopping him because they can sit on his left hand when he dips his shoulder and tries to spin the same way every time. He's not bigger, stronger, and faster than everyone anymore.
December 7, 201312 yr But how many touches has he gotten and how much have we given up to Austin and Gathers? We have size too. No reason for Gathers to outplay the best player in the nation. When I say he's overrated, I mean the comparisons between him, Wiggins, and Parker are overrating them if Gathers and Austin are having their way with he and WCS. How many times have we been burnt with Randle's D in the pick and roll? They are focused on stopping him because they can sit on his left hand when he dips his shoulder and tries to spin the same way every time. He's not bigger, stronger, and faster than everyone anymore. Exactly. How many touches? They are playing zone and every time he does get the ball he has 3 guys around him. Baylor's game plan is to make UK shoot jumpers and it is working. Cats stopped hitting them, tried to force it into the zone and turned it over too much.
December 7, 201312 yr More importantly' date=' MKG also had a habit of locking down the opponent's 1-3 and completely taking them out of the game. Randle's defense leaves more to be desired.[/quote'] Definitely agree with that. Young may be our best shot at emulating something like that this year but one of the Harrison's may emerge down the stretch. Just won't have that same physical presence MKG did. He was a big part of that National title team even though Davis was seemingly the poster boy with good reason.
December 7, 201312 yr Win or lose, this team is unimpressive. Tonight and in the games I've seen (aside from Michigan State, which isn't on the same kind of 'unimpressive' level as tonight), yes. But I do agree with others who are saying that we will be there eventually.
December 7, 201312 yr Personally' date=' I think Randle is somewhat overrated, at least right now. You can see the potential, but he's got some serious work to do at the same time as well.[/quote'] He's playing BAD tonight. Spacing has also sucked though.
December 7, 201312 yr Threes are UK's only ticket out some nights. At least against any team that can zone properly.
December 7, 201312 yr Definitely agree with that. Young may be our best shot at emulating something like that this year but one of the Harrison's may emerge down the stretch. Just won't have that same physical presence MKG did. He was a big part of that National title team even though Davis was seemingly the poster boy with good reason. Most def. I don't think we do what we did in 2012 without both MKG and Davis. Probably easier to replicate the things MKG brought to the table than Davis just because players with the physical tools and ability he had are so rare; however, MKG was a special, special player too. I think we're going to be GREAT if Randle ends up emulating MKG, but I think it's a bit too optimistic. He looks to score too much and takes too many plays off defensively. Agree with what you are saying on Young. Probably my favorite player on this year's team. He and WCS are really some of the only players who haven't made me want to pull what little hair I have left in my balding 28 year old head out. Can't fault his effort.
December 7, 201312 yr Threes are UK's only ticket out some nights. At least against any team that can zone properly. Exactly why I was saying I thought we'd miss Wiltjer so badly.
December 7, 201312 yr Chery has 8 baskets and every one is a jumper at the elbow. How long does it take to figure out how to defend that?
December 7, 201312 yr Baylor wins this game because of offensive rebounds. Baylor wins this game because while UK hit threes they couldn't shoot free throws for crap in addition to crushing UK's man to man D.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.