Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky/Baylor Updates

Featured Replies

I've seen a good number of soft 7 footers. Austin is the top of the list for me.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

44 Kentucky

37 Baylor

 

15:50 left in the 2nd half.

Agree. I think so as well. It just seems like they are more out of tune with one another as a whole than any group except last year's. I wouldn't exactly call last year's team a "collection of talent" though.

 

Honestly I think they're playing tougher opponents right now and have less experience. The title team had legit experience. This team has legit experience on the bench and Poythress coming off the bench(experienced but just not the same). It's just a different team makeup.

Honestly I think they're playing tougher opponents right now and have less experience. The title team had legit experience. This team has legit experience on the bench and Poythress coming off the bench(experienced but just not the same). It's just a different team makeup.

 

Difference is we don't have a Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or an Anthony Davis on this year's team. Davis was the best player in college basketball that year. Kidd-Gilchrist had the kind of motor and work ethic that was just unreal. I know people are big on Randle for a lot of the same qualities, but I don't think he's as tenacious as MKG was.

Difference is we don't have a Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or an Anthony Davis on this year's team. Davis was the best player in college basketball that year. Kidd-Gilchrist had the kind of motor and work ethic that was just unreal. I know people are big on Randle for a lot of the same qualities' date=' but I don't think he's as tenacious as MKG was.[/quote']

 

Biggest difference with Randle and MKG was ball handling. It was widely known that on a rebound if MKG was anyone the court the ball went to him and he was to take it the entire way. If that didn't happen someone was getting pulled. By February I think we will see that same type of play with Aaron Harrison and James Young. May not be as effective but if WCS pushes up court to trail them it should still be effective. Just going to take some time to put it all together. Davis had some ugly games the first month or two, MKG was mostly consistent the same way Randle has been. I think they'll get there.

Biggest difference with Randle and MKG was ball handling. It was widely known that on a rebound if MKG was anyone the court the ball went to him and he was to take it the entire way. If that didn't happen someone was getting pulled. By February I think we will see that same type of play with Aaron Harrison and James Young. May not be as effective but if WCS pushes up court to trail them it should still be effective. Just going to take some time to put it all together. Davis had some ugly games the first month or two, MKG was mostly consistent the same way Randle has been. I think they'll get there.

 

More importantly, MKG also had a habit of locking down the opponent's 1-3 and completely taking them out of the game. Randle's defense leaves more to be desired.

If I'm Drew, I would kick Austin's bass guitar for taking that three.

Personally, I think Randle is somewhat overrated, at least right now. You can see the potential, but he's got some serious work to do at the same time as well.

Personally, I think Randle is somewhat overrated, at least right now. You can see the potential, but he's got some serious work to do at the same time as well.

 

Baylor is 100% focused on stopping Randle and they have size. Randle still may end up with a double double.

This last 8 minute run by Baylor is all about not enough stops and not enough rebounding.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.