Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jason Skirvin finally gets his state final

Featured Replies

For NKY fans, Jason Skirvin (he of the legendary high school career), is making his first state finals appearance as a back judge. Many of you will remember he was the star tailback for Dayton's run with destiny in 1996 that ended in one of the greatest games the state has ever seen, at Beechwood in the Regional Final. As a friend of mine, I want to tell him congrats on the success. Below is a link to the Regional Championship game.

 

Edited by mexitucky

He was a lot of fun to watch run the football. Great player and if Jerry Cline keeps that ball under his arm he gets to the endzone and they advance. Great season for the Devils. I was rooting them on.

What game does he have?

  • Author
What game does he have?

 

I don't know. I just saw it in the paper.

I will never foget listening to that game on radio. I was at a Highlands game and I remember where I was standing. A legendary figure and moment in NKY sports.

Congrats Jason he is a hard working young man. Had the pleasure of coaching against him when he played peewee for Dayton and I coach Erlanger Lions. Good luck and congrats again. JD

I was very lucky to coach Jason, great young Man.

For NKY fans, Jason Skirvin (he of the legendary high school career), is making his first state finals appearance as a back judge. Many of you will remember he was the star tailback for Dayton's run with destiny in 1996 that ended in one of the greatest games the state has ever seen, at Beechwood in the Regional Final. As a friend of mine, I want to tell him congrats on the success. Below is a link to the Regional Championship game.

 

 

Man.....look at the size of that Beechwood team!

  • Author
Man.....look at the size of that Beechwood team!

 

That's what I was talking about in the Rash thread.

I was very lucky to coach Jason, great young Man.

 

Me too! Great young man!

What game does he have?

Jason has the 1A game

Man.....look at the size of that Beechwood team!

3 things I remember most about watching that game.

1. How big Joey List was and how fast he was for his size as a TE.

2. How many visitor fans were allowed on the sidelines for the game. Should never have been allowed, and which led to the last thing I remember about that game.

3. Dayton fans throwing objects at Beechwood players near the end of the game and even hitting BW's QB in the head with something. Very classless.

  • Author
3 things I remember most about watching that game.

1. How big Joey List was and how fast he was for his size as a TE.

2. How many visitor fans were allowed on the sidelines for the game. Should never have been allowed, and which led to the last thing I remember about that game.

3. Dayton fans throwing objects at Beechwood players near the end of the game and even hitting BW's QB in the head with something. Very classless.

 

A lighter. Wasn't Dayton's classiest moment, for sure.

It was one guy throwing the object. it was very poor judgement but please don't place the majority in the minority.

Happy for him; Skirv is a great guy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.