Boys Regional Tournament Sites

5wide

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres times they have had to lock the door and turn a few away like last year.But you already have 6500+ in the gym which will be 1500-2000 more than the new gym will hold.So there will be hugh differnce in turn aways at that rate.As far as an advantage for Mason its really only an advantage that they dont have to drive to place of destination to play there right in there home town no long bus rides.Cause the best team wins most of the time not the home team just look at past records .Years Mason has won they were the best team could have played it outside on the playground wouldnt have mattered.

I totally agree, you have to keep the region tourney in the Fieldhouse. It is not that much of a homecourt advantage, and Maysville is a lot closer for the NKY 10th region people than Mt. Sterling. Keep it at Mason County.

I totally agree, you have to keep the region tourney in the Fieldhouse. It is not that much of a homecourt advantage, and Maysville is a lot closer for the NKY 10th region people than Mt. Sterling. Keep it at Mason County.

So the teams in NKY matter more than the teams in the southern part of the region? Just kidding, I understand what you are saying.

I've talked to some AD's and coaches and many of the ones I talked to are ready for a different venue for the Boys 10th region tournament. And they've all said the samething...."let's at least give it a shot".

If the new gym at Montgomery is to hold 4500 I see a slight problem. This would probably work for the first round games. But, when you get to the semi-finals and finals there is no way that gym would be big enough. The fieldhouse hold between 6200 to 6500 and it gets very crowed on Friday and Saturday. I'm no math genius, but according to my calculations 6000 fans can't fit into a gym holding 4500.

Also, I have heard talk about the new NKU arena. What would the rent be to hold the tournament their? Many schools depend on the regional tournament check for a big part of their income for their department. If the rent for the arena is very high this is only going to hurt the schools. If that's the case keep it at Mason Co. or try Montgomery. But, stay away form the greedy hands of the Universities.

To finish I wish it would stay at the Fieldhouse. Great place to watch a game, great seating, and tradition.

I say give Montgomery a shot once and see how it goes,Personally i believe it will be right back at the Fieldhouse cause it holds 6200-6500 people and is full on Friday and Saturday nights with most years having to lock out several hundered fans.If memory is correct the new Gym in Mt.Sterling wont even hold 5000 right and thats why i say it will be back after they get a shot to stay in Maysville.Is it true there going to redo the stage area of the fieldhouse and add some more seats.Maybe someone can do the geography part for all the schools to see what benefits most in general also.

Yea but it gets old after awhile in mason, how can you say it's not a homecourt advantage, the oppossing teams fan almost can never find a seat becuase royal fans are already there 3 hours before their game even starts. That is one of the reasons it's full on fridays and saturdays nights, its usually only that full when mason is in the semi's or championship.

I say give Montgomery a shot once and see how it goes,Personally i believe it will be right back at the Fieldhouse cause it holds 6200-6500 people and is full on Friday and Saturday nights with most years having to lock out several hundered fans.If memory is correct the new Gym in Mt.Sterling wont even hold 5000 right and thats why i say it will be back after they get a shot to stay in Maysville.Is it true there going to redo the stage area of the fieldhouse and add some more seats.Maybe someone can do the geography part for all the schools to see what benefits most in general also.

I would think it would have to give Mason an advantage to know the region will be at home every year, but it's been there so long now, I suspect the advantage isn't what it once was because the other teams in the region should be fairly acclimated to playing there.

If the new gym at Montgomery is to hold 4500 I see a slight problem. This would probably work for the first round games. But, when you get to the semi-finals and finals there is no way that gym would be big enough. The fieldhouse hold between 6200 to 6500 and it gets very crowed on Friday and Saturday. I'm no math genius, but according to my calculations 6000 fans can't fit into a gym holding 4500.

Also, I have heard talk about the new NKU arena. What would the rent be to hold the tournament their? Many schools depend on the regional tournament check for a big part of their income for their department. If the rent for the arena is very high this is only going to hurt the schools. If that's the case keep it at Mason Co. or try Montgomery. But, stay away form the greedy hands of the Universities.

To finish I wish it would stay at the Fieldhouse. Great place to watch a game, great seating, and tradition.

How would you all feel about having the first round games at Montgomery and the Semi-Fianls and Championship at the Fieldhouse. Something in the the Class "A" Games were played at different sites.

If NKU gets its new arena that will seat 8-10,000 I think both the 9th and 10th could be held there. Its only one week of the year and if it means more money for the schools in the regions, why not switch it to a bigger venue? Nobody is happy if they get turned away at a regional tournament and that has even happened at the Fieldhouse on occasion.

I would agree with that too if I lived within 40 or 50 miles of Maysville (I'm assuming you are from Robertson County). The Field House would be a pretty convenient location. However, I might have a different view if I were a Clark County fan.

You are correct assuming I'm from Robertson County, about 2 miles from the county line of RC/MC and about 20 miles from Maysville. Still think the Fieldhouse is the best place.