Boys Regional Tournament Sites

5wide

6th and 7th region is at the Louisville Gardens starting March 7. In the past the first round games were at winners sites. This year, all games are downtown.

7th region Tuesday;6th Wednesday;semi's Friday;Finals Saturday.

Girls play first round games at Bellarmine on March 7,8 and then move to Gardens on March 9 with finals March 11.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say give Montgomery a shot once and see how it goes,Personally i believe it will be right back at the Fieldhouse cause it holds 6200-6500 people and is full on Friday and Saturday nights with most years having to lock out several hundered fans.If memory is correct the new Gym in Mt.Sterling wont even hold 5000 right and thats why i say it will be back after they get a shot to stay in Maysville.Is it true there going to redo the stage area of the fieldhouse and add some more seats.Maybe someone can do the geography part for all the schools to see what benefits most in general also.

Yea but it gets old after awhile in mason, how can you say it's not a homecourt advantage, the oppossing teams fan almost can never find a seat becuase royal fans are already there 3 hours before their game even starts. That is one of the reasons it's full on fridays and saturdays nights, its usually only that full when mason is in the semi's or championship.

Mason did not play Friday or Saturday last year. I got to the finals last year 3 hours before the game. The ticket line ran all the way down to the tennis court. It was Montgomery vs. Pendleton in the finals that night. I don't think there were that many Mason fans standing in line. It was mostly Pendleton Co. and some Montgomery Co. fans

Remembering that night from last year was neat. Pendleton Co. had a crowd that circled the gym and filled in alot of the Montgomery side. Montgomery historically does not have a large following. Seems odd to me that they want to host the region. Their fan base year in and year out is sparse.

How would you all feel about having the first round games at Montgomery and the Semi-Fianls and Championship at the Fieldhouse. Something in the the Class "A" Games were played at different sites.

I don't like the different site idea at all. I think it takes away from the whole spirit of why we have the tournaments. All teams coming together and playing in one place for one common goal. As a fan I like watching every game. With the 1st rounds at different sites you have to choose which one to goto. For the CLass "A" I decided to go to the Deming/Bracken game. I made a good choice because it went to overtime. But, I would have liked to have seen the other 3 first round games also.

When do we start changing things just to be changing. If is not broke don't fix it. Playing at the Fieldhouse last friday night was really a home court advantage as Clark put a whipping on Mason. You don't change your wife when everything is going well. Only when there is a problem. Also remember Montgomery will hold 4300 etc and there will be a bunch of passes which will cut down on your paying customers. How are you going to explain to Cov. Scott/Brossart/Pendleton fans who drive there and then cannot get in. They will never come back. That does not happen at Mason.

You said they lock some out in Masysville so explain it the same way they explain it to those people that don,t get in at the fieldhouse.

According to mhighfield it has happened.

It sounds like to me you don't think there is any home court advantage for Mason Co. right now. I totally disagree. It would be a homecourt advantage for whoever hosts the tournament. Think about it....

The advantage is just by being in their home town you will have more Mason fans there then other teams and if the teams are close in talent that could make a huge diffference.

Not to mention the fact that Mason has practiced in the gym for 6 months, they know the bounces off the rim, the weak spots in the floor, and are comfortable with the facilities. A few years ago I remember a Mason Co. fan having a shirt on that said something to the effect of "Not in My House."

I say give it a shot at Montgomery or even NKU. What does it hurt to try?

I say give Montgomery a shot once and see how it goes,Personally i believe it will be right back at the Fieldhouse cause it holds 6200-6500 people and is full on Friday and Saturday nights with most years having to lock out several hundered fans.If memory is correct the new Gym in Mt.Sterling wont even hold 5000 right and thats why i say it will be back after they get a shot to stay in Maysville.Is it true there going to redo the stage area of the fieldhouse and add some more seats.Maybe someone can do the geography part for all the schools to see what benefits most in general also.

Yea but it gets old after awhile in mason, how can you say it's not a homecourt advantage, the oppossing teams fan almost can never find a seat becuase royal fans are already there 3 hours before their game even starts. That is one of the reasons it's full on fridays and saturdays nights, its usually only that full when mason is in the semi's or championship.

You could not be more wrong. The semi's and finals are usually full irregardless of who is playing. I was there last year and the place was packed both nights. Maybe I am being a traditionalist but you cannot mess with success. As many others have said before me, the 10th region is the best regional tournament in the state. Lets keep it at the Fieldhouse.