LCA now open

GusMcRae

WOW....

Forget the coach, That's what I say about your avatar.

Who are some of the early candidates for the job?

Might I suggest a certain, recently demoted principal at Fairview, or their superintendent ? Both have head coaching experience and were/are very good coaches.......along with other credentials that might add to the LCA enrollment.. :D.

No, I have friends that are LCA supporters, wouldn't do that to them.

When I was 4 years old, Ray Graham played for the Danville Admirals against my Dad's Boyle County Rebels (1969 & 1970). Ray's Dad, Gippy, was the basketball coach at Boyle County and a very good friend of my Dad. I 've been around Ray for a long time. His priorities are his faith, family, and his players. He is an outstanding football coach who loves kids and has weathered more tough times than I could count.

LCA was hit hard with injuries the last two seasons. Ray lead the program through very tough times. The next coach will benefit from his efforts.

I wouldn't be shocked if Randy Vanderhoof wasn't considered.

Good choice but I am not sure if he would move his family to Lex. at this stage, I am not sure how old his daughters are, if one is still in h.s., college or not. I do know that LCA would be lucky to get a R. Vanderhoof , excellent coach and even better person. Randy is a strong Christian and a great, great influence on high school kids....or anyone for that matter.

There may be one requirement from LCA....they may have to change their colors to orange/black, Randy was born & raised in Raceland, was a great player with the Rams, kids went/played athletics at Raceland as well as his wife. Randy is like a lot of us around here...I'll bet he even had orange and black diapers when he was born. lol Oh BTW...LCA may have to change their nickname/mascot :D. Doc and RAM....can you imagine Randy Vanderhoof, coach of the "Eagles", think about it, who else do we know (and despise with that name). I just hope that Fairview doesn't offer him, I don't know if I could take that. :no:

My comments above, of course were in fun...as I said, Randy Vanderhoof is one of the very finest people that I have ever known and/or had the privilege to call a friend, have known him literally practically all his life, entire family are class people. Want to know just how long that I have known him along with all his family, not to mention how old I feel now ? I coached Randy in his 8yr. old little league baseball team :eek:.