Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LCA now open

Featured Replies

Looks as if Ray Graham has been let go by LCA.

WOW....

Forget the coach, That's what I say about your avatar.

 

Who are some of the early candidates for the job?

 

Might I suggest a certain, recently demoted principal at Fairview, or their superintendent ? Both have head coaching experience and were/are very good coaches.......along with other credentials that might add to the LCA enrollment.. :D.

No, I have friends that are LCA supporters, wouldn't do that to them.

I wouldn't be shocked if Randy Vanderhoof wasn't considered.

He should have stayed at Henry Co. Karma.

He should have stayed at Henry Co. Karma.

 

Touche!

Would LCA consider an up an coming coach... Maybe a coordinator from the super district......

I wouldn't be shocked if Randy Vanderhoof wasn't considered.

Me neither.

When I was 4 years old, Ray Graham played for the Danville Admirals against my Dad's Boyle County Rebels (1969 & 1970). Ray's Dad, Gippy, was the basketball coach at Boyle County and a very good friend of my Dad. I 've been around Ray for a long time. His priorities are his faith, family, and his players. He is an outstanding football coach who loves kids and has weathered more tough times than I could count.

 

LCA was hit hard with injuries the last two seasons. Ray lead the program through very tough times. The next coach will benefit from his efforts.

I wouldn't be shocked if Randy Vanderhoof wasn't considered.

 

 

Good choice but I am not sure if he would move his family to Lex. at this stage, I am not sure how old his daughters are, if one is still in h.s., college or not. I do know that LCA would be lucky to get a R. Vanderhoof , excellent coach and even better person. Randy is a strong Christian and a great, great influence on high school kids....or anyone for that matter.

There may be one requirement from LCA....they may have to change their colors to orange/black, Randy was born & raised in Raceland, was a great player with the Rams, kids went/played athletics at Raceland as well as his wife. Randy is like a lot of us around here...I'll bet he even had orange and black diapers when he was born. lol Oh BTW...LCA may have to change their nickname/mascot :D. Doc and RAM....can you imagine Randy Vanderhoof, coach of the "Eagles", think about it, who else do we know (and despise with that name). I just hope that Fairview doesn't offer him, I don't know if I could take that. :no:

 

My comments above, of course were in fun...as I said, Randy Vanderhoof is one of the very finest people that I have ever known and/or had the privilege to call a friend, have known him literally practically all his life, entire family are class people. Want to know just how long that I have known him along with all his family, not to mention how old I feel now ? I coached Randy in his 8yr. old little league baseball team :eek:.

Ray coached at the Frosh level at Highlands back in the 70's before moving on. Pretty good coach! That's what I heard....I was only 6-7 years old.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him helping over at Dunbar next year...that could be huge for Raine's and staff!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.