Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Randle/Parker/Wiggins

Who is better? 21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is better?

    • Julius Randle
      80%
    • Jabari Parker
      9%
    • Andrew Wiggins
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'm confused with the love affair with Wiggins. I keep seeing potential, high ceiling, development and words like that with Wiggins. Randle and Parker are already there. What is it people are waiting to see in Wiggins that they think will make him better than Parker and Randle if he already isn't better than them?

 

Bigger frame, better/more consistent outside jumper.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bigger frame, better/more consistent outside jumper.

 

Than Parker?

Than Parker?

 

Misread what you posted, I will answer when I get more time.

I'm confused with the love affair with Wiggins. I keep seeing potential, high ceiling, development and words like that with Wiggins. Randle and Parker are already there. What is it people are waiting to see in Wiggins that they think will make him better than Parker and Randle if he already isn't better than them?

 

I am the complete opposite on my opinion of Wiggins. I think he is pretty complete as is and just needs to keep developing at a normal pace. Great athlete already. I think the difference with views on him that you and others seemingly diverge on could come down to what each of you categorizes as 'potential' and 'development'. I think when some talk about Wiggins' potential/development, they mean it more in a sense of developing that alpha-dog, step-on your throat, stone cold scoring assassin demeanor. I generally think that people are born type-A personalities (or at least develop it very early in life), so I don't see this as something that Wiggins is ever going to transcend the definition of as people sometimes do with Jordan or Kobe. I do think Wiggins is a competitive guy whose more in the mold of a Tim Duncan-- quiet, unassuming, consistently performing, and letting his play talk for itself. I watched the games with a Kansas alum last night and we talked about one sequence where I felt Wiggins completely captured what I think about his competitive nature-- one where he was switched onto Parker defensively and got up in him like it was personal.

 

I think I might have underestimated Jabari Parker. He is pretty good and seems to be the most developed so far. I don't know how high his ceiling is, but I think he has the lowest one of those 3, but at the same time, he's the furthest along in his development (a lot of people are forgetting that Wiggins re-classified though). The biggest knock on Parker in my eyes is that he's never going to be the star on a great team. He's a guy who does lots of things well, but I don't know if he has that one skill that allows him to get to the place he wants/get the shot he wants, etc. even though everyone in the building knows it's coming.

 

IMO, Randle is the most incomplete player and one who needs the most development to reach his ceiling at this point in time. Look no further than my earlier post in this thread about him seeming to be pretty one handed with the ball and looking like someone who had always been some combination of bigger, stronger, and/or more athletic than everyone he was competing against. If we're talking NBA, he's going to have to develop way more countermoves, passing ability, and perimeter skills/touch.

Everyone seems to be focusing on the numbers last night, and considering Wiggins was in foul trouble most of the first half with a ticky tack foul out front. Have to wonder what his line would have been had he not been dinged with that one. With that said, he easily could have been called for the offensive foul early with the spin move in the lane.

Everyone seems to be focusing on the numbers last night, and considering Wiggins was in foul trouble most of the first half with a ticky tack foul out front. Have to wonder what his line would have been had he not been dinged with that one. With that said, he easily could have been called for the offensive foul early with the spin move in the lane.

 

Yeah more opportunity to snowbird.

Yeah more opportunity to snowbird.

cherry pick sir.

I would take Parker. He is the most complete player of the three right now.

UK lost last night cause Andrew Harrison wasn't even named as an honorable mention.

  • Author
UK lost last night cause Andrew Harrison wasn't even named as an honorable mention.

 

Wrong thread?

First time I've watched any of the three this year. Parker had the best night...I think Wiggins has the most upside.

 

I like what Cal said on ESPN "If I just wanted to win college basketball games, Julius would never come outside of 7 feet from the basket"

Wrong thread?

 

I don't know? Pre season people said he was a top 5 pick.

I don't know? Pre season people said he was a top 5 pick.

 

What does that, or Andrew Harrison at all, have to do with a thread about Randle, Wiggins, and Parker???

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.