Rose Hill 61 Boyd County 60

At least we are in agreeance that the officiating was horrible both ways. The hit on Owens was more than a moving screen though, it was a delibrate cheap shot aimed at hurting him. It looked more like a hit you would see on the football field and not on a basketball court.

I didn't see it that way, same could be said for the two moving screens set by Boyds #42 that got coach Fraley in a snit. They played good solid D on Owens tonight, no ill will or malice toward him. Quite frankly, Caleb could do major damage if he had intention.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what ZoneBuster23 thinks about this? It appears that Rose Hill didn't forfeit and it worked out OK for them.

If Rosehill dont forfeit BC WINS BY 26

Woof! This one makes me think I wasn't all that bad at predicting games after all. I think my record now stands at a robust 2-93...

Frances

I didn't see it that way, same could be said for the two moving screens set by Boyds #42 that got coach Fraley in a snit. They played good solid D on Owens tonight, no ill will or malice toward him. Quite frankly, Caleb could do major damage if he had intention.

You've got to be kidding me, Selby (#42) was stationary on his screens, the only problem was that the RH kids were bouncing off him, which he is used to since he plays NT on the football team. It was just a matter of his size and strength being in his advantage. But the Snyder foul was a full body block in which he lead with shoulder directly to Owens' shooting arm and your telling me that wasn't intentional??

Congrats to Rose Hill.

Special nights like these are the endearing qualities that high school athletics are all about.

I understand all of the situations with crowds and fitting and not fitting and the money, blah, blah, blah. But it is a shame that these Rose Hill kids dont get the opportunity to play THEIR district tourney on THEIR court with THEIR rims and THEIR surroundings.

Congrats to Rose Hill.

Special nights like these are the endearing qualities that high school athletics are all about.

I understand all of the situations with crowds and fitting and not fitting and the money, blah, blah, blah. But it is a shame that these Rose Hill kids dont get the opportunity to play THEIR district tourney on THEIR court with THEIR rims and THEIR surroundings.

I think the All-A tourney showed how a small gym creates a fiasco, the decision to move the tourney is the correct one.

Caleb does not have a mean bone in his body, he is just learning the game. The game was physical on both sides. There were no cheap shots. Just two good teams taking turn going at each other. Great game by both teams. Coach Pratt is one of the best men I know, a class act.

Congrats to Rose Hill.

TBF, You know I love you but I have to disagree and say that moving the 64th out of the "STEW" is the correct move. A rule is a rule! It does not seat enough to accomadate the crowd! Therefore I know I would not want anyone sitting on my lap or that anyone would want me on theirs to watch a game! Maybe Rose Hill could think about expanding in some way if they would like to host a district tournament! They will make more money at Boyd Co. I would also like to say that I wish the 64th was at James A. Anderson on the campus of Paul G. Blazer H.S. IMO one of the best and historic gyms in the state! It should always be there IMO! 70 District Championships, 32 Regional Championships, 9 State Championships, 6 Runner-ups, 1 National Title! Now the is impressive!!! :thumb: ;)

The first issue is money, then Blue (Orange, Maroon) Blazer chimes in to say the District Host should be the school with the most tradition and the most banners...boy that sounds fair...let's just play the Regional and State Tournaments there as well.

:thumb: Sounds Great!!! :banana:

Big emotional win tonight for the Royals. :thumb:

I’d like to second Spindoc’s and Luke 1:37’s complements regarding Coach Phil Pratt and the players and fans from Boyd County. They were extremely gracious in participating in the 10 – 15 minute ceremony prior to the game.

Coach Pratt had told the RH staff he would do anything he could to help the Garnes family. I'm certain that this was a meaningful evening for the Garnes family. One I’m sure they’ll cherish for a long, long time.

Coach Fraley and his Royals definitely earned the W. The only blemish on the evening was that a class act like Coach Pratt had to go home with an L.

Good game... :thumb: