Rose Hill 61 Boyd County 60

:thumb: I would like to start by saying that I personally would like to acknowledge how gracious and reverent Coach Pratt, the players, and especially the fans from Boyd Co. were tonight. They were absolutely the best. It was a long ceremony to retire the jersey of David Garnes, each player (from both teams) presented the family with a rose and hugged the family. It was very moving and emotional for everyone in the house. I can say nothing but how much it was appreciated by the Rose Hill folks. With that said, what a game. I'll leave it to others to elaborate and only say this, Owens has serious skills and I think that in the right situation, he would be a quality college guard, especially where he isn't asked to tow the whole load. Great win and congratulations to Coach Fraley and Coaches Euton, Bush, and Barber on a great JV win also. :thumb:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:eek: Wow, I sure was wrong! Holy cow!

Hey at41, thats the first sign of maturity! admitting when your wrong :thumb:

At least you wont have to wear a silly tattoo on your forehead over it :D

Tell the Folks over at Anderson to watch out for those little 8-graders, they are coming to a gym near you -- and there wont be no forfeit this time :banana:

... it was just a "special night for the Royals" and the Garnes Family :thumb:

Shooterx3 -

I know you what you mean when you say it was a "special night", in terms of the Garnes family, but in some ways I almost feel like that sells Rose Hill short (I know you didn't mean it that way - I'm just making a point).

The truth is, they are better than almost anyone expected them to be at this point. Without a doubt, I'm sure that they played with extreme desire tonight, in light of the memory of David Garnes, but they didn't win this game solely on emotion. Fraley has these kids believing in themselves, and it would appear that they arrived at the party a little earlier than any of us expected.

It's possible that Ashland might beat them by twenty in the Districts, but it's also possible that you'll see an upset like the one tonight.

Frances

Tell the Folks over at Anderson to watch out for those little 8-graders, they are coming to a gym near you -- and there wont be no forfeit this time :banana:

I wish our little 8th graders were 6'6" :laugh:

Emotions ran high in this game with a few technical fouls and hard fouls.

Before anything gets out of hand talking about the officiating tonight, let me be the 1st to say that it was bad both ways. I don't think either side was happy with the way the game was being called. At least the officiating didn't really determine the outcome of the game.

Hey, I may be a lot of things, but mature isnt one of them! Watch the name calling! :fight: :lol:

There were several moving screens by the big kids from both teams, hence the technical on RH bench after time expired in the 1st half.

At least we are in agreeance that the officiating was horrible both ways. The hit on Owens was more than a moving screen though, it was a delibrate cheap shot aimed at hurting him. It looked more like a hit you would see on the football field and not on a basketball court.