NCC 58 Covington Holmes 55

OMG...What an incredible game! I don't have exact stats but the Bulldogs came out smoking making it look like a long night for the Breds. Holmes was up by about 11 or 12 early. They had maybe an 8 point halftime lead. NewCath put the work in and never ever gave up. They finally overtook the lead real late in the game and the rest was decided at the foul line where they actually could have put it away but couldn't connect on all their foul shots. Ultimately they got the 'W' but it stayed interesting until the final horn. Alot more to relay but that's the jist of it for now.

WOW!!!!!!! This is gonna be one interesting regional tournament.

I can't wait. I just told my wife this evening that she probably won't see me for a few weeks because there is going to be a good prep basketball game every night of the week in NKY for two weeks.

Probably not a bright thing to tell her on Valentines Day. :argue: :argue:

Kevin Beuter was outstanding tonight. The kid is as tough as nails and he outfoxed the Dawgs on numerous occasions with awesome penetration. Kiernan had his moments with monster moves to the basket connecting on some and charging on others. He can be a beast when he gets fired up. Austin Hill still holds the 'stud' position in place for the Bulldogs. He made a move to the basket tonight that dropped the jaws of all in attendence. Edmonson started out O.K. but couldn't connect after that. I'd love to see him find his game because when the kid starts hitting there's no stopping him. Perhaps he should just forget that he's trying to prove himself and just get in the flow of the game and be the 3 point dynamite that he knows that he is. Forget the pressure, just play your game. Henderson and Jefferson had their shining moments, but the Bulldogs, no matter how much they gave it their all just couldn't be as consistent later on as they where earlier on. Both teams played hard and no one slouched. I think the Dawgs early might've thought that they had this one in the bag and softened up a bit, but not much. They were very scrappy defensively and gave NewCath all kinds of fits, but the ball bounced the Breds way everytime they needed it and they clawed their way back. No one fouled out but it got close with Kiernan and Hill with 4 apiece. Another Bulldog had 4 but I forget who it was. The refs might've blown some calls tonight, but I don't think too badly. Almost all calls that angered the crowd still had fragments of uncertainty obout them. Not too many people there but those who were there got their money's worth. It was a seriously tough game.