NCC 58 Covington Holmes 55

NewCath's best ball is still ahead of them. Beuter, Gesenhues, and Kiernan are just now really getting their basketball legs underthem, so NewCath's record entering district and regional play will be deceiving. They will be a team to be to watchout for come the regionals.

I am flat out shocked at this score.

Is this an aberration for Holmes (without Rice) or is this a sign of things to come? Have they really come back to the pack THIS much?

Losing an all region performer is going to have some effect, not to mention team chemistry which always appeared fragile is bound to suffer.

Hope they can put all of the off the court issues behind them in time for district play.

Ninth Region is going to be one big dogfight :fight: , remains to be seen if these Dogs can be part of it.

Losing an all region performer is going to have some effect, not to mention team chemistry which always appeared fragile is bound to suffer.

Hope they can put all of the off the court issues behind them in time for district play.

Ninth Region is going to be one big dogfight :fight: , remains to be seen if these Dogs can be part of it.

Some people said that their team chemistry would be better, but, at this point, they still have some problems to fix.

I am flat out shocked at this score.

Is this an aberration for Holmes (without Rice) or is this a sign of things to come? Have they really come back to the pack THIS much?

I think it is starting to smell like Tournament time. I cant believe Holmes dropped this game. NCC is decent but not very deep and with Bellevue beating the tar out of them for 3 quarters in the All A classic.... what does this say? Is it really parity? Holmes better regroup.

The bottom line is Holmes is going to have some issue's when they face teams that have size in the paint. Without Rice they are a very small team and last night NCC forced Holmes to beat them from the outside. That stratgedy paid off and NCC got the win. To answer your question, I feel that the 9th Region tourney will be a battle to the end. The dawgs have two more games before the districts start to tweak some things.