Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Frankfort 51 Danville 24

Featured Replies

Final from Danville.

 

Frankfort finishes the regular-season 8-2; Danville finishes 5-5.

 

The game had playoff implications for the Admirals, who finished in a three-way tie for the District 2A-7 title and needed a win to get one of the top two seeds. They finished third in the tiebreaker behind Middlesboro (1) and Somerset (2) and will play a first-round playoff game at Betsy Layne.

Already posted.

Great job Panthers!

Wow nice win for Frankfort.

  • Author
Already posted.

 

My bad, I looked for a thread and didn't see one. Still don't, but please delete this if it's a duplicate.

I don't see the other one. I'll merge the threads if it pops up.

That's quite the bus ride from Danville to Betsy Layne.

Proud of the Panthers came out tonight and took the fight to the Ads. Still need to cut back on silly mistakes!

Now get focus for playoffs!

Warning !!! Warning !!! This Frankfort team is really good... Seems like all the talk in 1a in the west mentions Mfd, Bwood and Rslville, but, people better not overlook this bunch... The last few years, they've been one of the hunted, but, this year, it seems they've been flying under the radar and getting very little press or recognition, all the while, quietly putting a very solid season together... Some teams thrive in that underdog role... Just sayin'...

I see how Middlesboro finished 1st, but I have Danville and Somerset with the same number of points (15). It appears that after applying all tiebreakers, you get to Application VI in the handbook, which says head-to-head between the two remaining teams, which would mean Danville beat Somerset. Am I doing something wrong?

 

http://khsaa.org/handbook/competitionrules/fbcompetitionrules.pdf

  • Author
The game had playoff implications for the Admirals, who finished in a three-way tie for the District 2A-7 title and needed a win to get one of the top two seeds. They finished third in the tiebreaker behind Middlesboro (1) and Somerset (2) and will play a first-round playoff game at Betsy Layne.

 

Not so fast, my friends. I assumed some losses that didn't actually occur, and as gchsuk9 points out, Danville and Somerset remain tied for the No. 2 seed at this hour with 15 points each.

 

However, I read Application VI to apply to ties involving more than three teams. If that's true and it doesn't apply, that would take us to Application VII: the Board of Control.

 

The stakes are high here, as the difference is a home game vs. Shelby Valley for the No. 2 see and a long, long trip to Betsy Layne for the No. 3 seed.

However, I read Application VI to apply to ties involving more than three teams. If that's true and it doesn't apply, that would take us to Application VII: the Board of Control.

 

Here is the application:

 

vi) If the tie for the position involves more than three teams,

and the application of (ii) and (iii) results in two teams

remaining tied for the position based on points, the head

to head game played between them shall break the tie, and

head to head competition will break any remaining ties.

 

Whether the application says head-to-head or it goes to the Board of Control, I would think Danville should have the nod over Somerset by virtue of their regular season win.

  • Author
vi) If the tie for the position involves more than three teams,

and the application of (ii) and (iii) results in two teams

remaining tied for the position based on points, the head

to head game played between them shall break the tie, and

head to head competition will break any remaining ties.

 

This is why I think it goes to VII. But what do I know? I didn't even consider the possibility that those three Danville opponents would win.

According the the KHSAA Danville is hoting Shelby Valley and Somerset is taking the ride to Betsy Lane.

Edit:

 

It's a long bus ride from Somerset to Betsy Layne :lol2:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.