Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green/Blackman (TN) Predictions

Who wins? 24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Bowling Green
      75%
    • Blackman (TN)
      25%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Series History: First Meeting

 

Bowling Green faces what should be the greatest threat they have met all year - or will meet for the rest of the year - in the Blackman Blaze. The Blaze enter off their first loss of the year, a 9-3 decision against Oakland (TN) - a team that is rated by Calpreps as 54th nationally. The Blaze themselves are rated 153rd by Calpreps, as compared to Bowling Green which enters rated 121st.

 

Is this where Bowling Green's team record 38 game win streak meets its maker?

Too many playmakers for the Purples...

 

BG 35

Blackman 24

Going to be a good one. If Purples line on both sides of ball plays well, i like their chances. They will play against more D1 players in this game than all their other opponents combined (Blackman has a loaded junior class).

 

I say 38 to 28 Purples. Looking forward to it. Hope its a packed house.

Bowling Green 30-24.

Too many playmakers for the Purples...

 

BG 35

Blackman 24

 

Could be...but Blackman faced Independence with 3 SEC commitments on offense and held them to 6 points. They are huge up front...and have a very athletic secondary. I haven't seen BG...so I can't say how they match up. Blackman is very physical. Nobody has run on them very well. This should be a good test for BG at the least. If they beat Blackman...they are for real.

Iam sure Blackman will give BG a good game but BG is just at a different level this yr imo. Heck I think they would cause UK some problems this yr...Just sayin

 

BG 48 Blackman 14:thumb:

I was in Nashville on business last week and got to go to the Blackman vs Oakland game last Thursday night. I was impressed with Blackman. Both of their lines are really big. Their QB looks like Vince Young on the field (6'4") and can really run. But to me he is an athlete crammed into the QB positio, probably because he's the best athlete on their team. His passes were eratic and Oakland rattled him with their pressure. BG must do the same. QB fumbled at least twice in critical points of game. They have 2 tall athletic corners and watching this matchup with Fant will be worth the price of admission.

 

I don't think BG will be able to line up and run on Blackman, but why would you want to with the passing offense they have and just mix in some draws/screens. BG must stack the box on D and make the athlete beat them with his arm. If he can, so be it but after seeing that game I'm not sure he can.

 

I like BGs chances, but this will be the best team they've played. Just hoping for a great game and no injuries for both sides.

 

 

 

Blackman is REALLY good. Wow!

They start 10 seniors and 1 junior on defense. The junior is the FS/QB that looks like Cam Newton.

According to the BGHS Facebook page, Blackman is bringing their 160 member marching band to the game.

It will be best team Purples has faced in a while, certainly better than the past 38 teams during our streak! The "All Good Things Must Come To An End" statement is going to have to wait (hopefully).

 

Anyone that has seen the Blackman game highlights that are posted, knows they are for real. The reason I am looking forward to this game is that it will remind everyone that knows anything about the Purples of how good our skilled players are.

 

Remember:

The knock on Fant is that he is too short and slow against D1 talent - lets see how he does Friday night

Hayes is a nice player but doesn't have what it takes to compete at next level (see how his numbers and Blackman QB numbers compare)

I know the D-line is the strong suit for Blackman but I have a hunch that Tisdale will still get similar numbers to his average

 

I don't want to be completely bias. I am well aware that Purples have their hands full, and may get beat. I just have a lot of confidence in our skill players that their numbers can be put up on nearly any team. Don't believe me? Go ask the Dalton Georgia 7 on 7 folks!

 

Hope everyone can make it to the game. Weather forecast looks perfect. I am glad Blackman is bringing the band and lots of their fans. It will be a classic High school atmosphere.

According to the BGHS Facebook page, Blackman is bringing their 160 member marching band to the game.

 

 

They are very loud...play a lot...lol.

Just read the thread on coacht (Tennessee high school football forums) about the game. Most Blackman fans are not only confident they will win but are also predicting the Purples not to score many points.

 

I am really looking forward to game. I do feel that of all teams we have faced the past few years Blackman poses biggest threat. I could be wrong but i just feel bg will still do their thing on offense. Blackman defense has been pretty stellar all year. I do think they will be quickly introduced to number 12.

 

Will be fun

I hope it's a blowout I Bg's favor. #purplekoolaid

Purple;

 

I agree that Blackman may be the best team BG has faced (I have not seen any team the Purples have played, however). Blackman stayed close to Oakland so they have to be good. Folks I've talked to say they are very balanced on O and good on D. They will have size in the lines and very good skilled players. They've played some stiff competition (Siegel, Oakland, Riverdale, etc.) so they are used to the "big game." Having to go to CoachT here in TN makes me so glad I belong to BlueGrassPreps! A lot of folks here in TN would not think BG could beat a 5-4 TN team. This is why I am hoping the Purples can throw a Loss on the Blaze. Best of luck.

 

We play Lebanon Friday night. Will be strange seeing Coach Harp in something other than Danville Admiral colors.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.