Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KY HS Football....

Featured Replies

The further this season progresses the more parity I am seeing. This leads me to believe that the overall level is down from the previous 3-4 seasons.....as a state, we really need for BG to beat Blackman.........and to run through the rest of the season, in a very dominant fashion.....opinions?

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand this may not be true this year, but when there is good competition in the state it is said "the state must be down". But, could it not mean that the level of competition has increased, thus making teams more competitive?

 

But, to the question, yes, the state needs Bowling Green to dominate.

  • Author
I understand this may not be true this year, but when there is good competition in the state it is said "the state must be down". But, could it not mean that the level of competition has increased, thus making teams more competitive?

 

But, to the question, yes, the state needs Bowling Green to dominate.

I look at surprise wins in state.....but also look at our performance out of state.....we are not getting it done.

I also think competition is getting better...state of KY football isn't determined by the top 3 or 4 schools, it's determined by the strength and quality of football across the state.

I also think competition is getting better...state of KY football isn't determined by the top 3 or 4 schools, it's determined by the strength and quality of football across the state.

 

While as a general statement, I agree with what you said, I think what's happened is the top schools have fallen a bit in some classes rather than other schools raising their level of play.

 

Seems like the thread was created to discuss Kentucky's relevance nationally or perhaps regionally. I don't get that. Kentucky football is only going to be recognized outside the state on a marginal basis regardless. T, X, and maybe Male and Highlands can and have gotten some national exposure over the years but that's not going to be an annual thing ever.

 

The 6A playoffs should be fun this year. I look at that as a good thing. Personally, I think whoever comes out of Louisville still wins the whole thing, but I can sure see where fans from other schools are excited they have a chance. And I'm starting to think some may really have a shot.

 

In the other classes, isn't it pretty much business as usual, or am I missing something?

The further this season progresses the more parity I am seeing. This leads me to believe that the overall level is down from the previous 3-4 seasons.....as a state, we really need for BG to beat Blackman.........and to run through the rest of the season, in a very dominant fashion.....opinions?

I think you are pulling for Blackman to win by 21 points.

I kind of have a feeling that overall, the state may be up rather than down. No, there aren't any national contending teams and in reality, there probably never is. Even when Trinity was ranked at or near the top the past few years, I'd see HS games across the country with teams I felt would not only beat them, but, do so rather handily. There are probably 25 or more Florida teams alone that'd be the states best team in Ky on an annual basis. Same with California and Texas. Another 10-15 from Ohio and Georgia could also make that claim. That's only 5 out of 50 states and no doubt between the 44 other states, theres another 50 or more teams that could beat any team Ky could throw out there. So, at best, Kys best may be somewhere in the 150-200 range, truth be known and that may well be generous.

 

However, it does seem like most classes have more quality teams than in the past. 1A, for example, typically may have 3-4 teams with a legit chance to win it all. I'd say there are 8-9 teams this year with a shot. Sure, Mayfield's still there and a prohibitive favorite, but, the level of competition is better, overall. 2a may be a little deeper, as well and I think 4-5 teams have a realistic shot at a title, when, typically, there's only a couple, maybe 3. Class 3A is way deeper than years past with as many as 6-7 real contenders. 4a and 5a still have Highlands and BGreen, that are prohibitive favorites and I'd say the competiton in those classes are about equal to past years. 6A is loaded with good teams, 10-12 at the very least that could beat anyone on a given night and no less than 6 or 7 that are good enough to string together 5 wins in a row and take it all. Trinity isn't the dominating juggernaut of years past, but, overall, the class is better and imo, makes it more exciting to watch.

So is what Rockpride saying is....Trinity has embarrassed the state with all their out of state losses?

 

lol

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

J/K, had to see if that would get them all up in arms again hahahaha.

I kind of have a feeling that overall, the state may be up rather than down. No, there aren't any national contending teams and in reality, there probably never is. Even when Trinity was ranked at or near the top the past few years, I'd see HS games across the country with teams I felt would not only beat them, but, do so rather handily. There are probably 25 or more Florida teams alone that'd be the states best team in Ky on an annual basis. Same with California and Texas. Another 10-15 from Ohio and Georgia could also make that claim. That's only 5 out of 50 states and no doubt between the 44 other states, theres another 50 or more teams that could beat any team Ky could throw out there. So, at best, Kys best may be somewhere in the 150-200 range, truth be known and that may well be generous.

 

However, it does seem like most classes have more quality teams than in the past. 1A, for example, typically may have 3-4 teams with a legit chance to win it all. I'd say there are 8-9 teams this year with a shot. Sure, Mayfield's still there and a prohibitive favorite, but, the level of competition is better, overall. 2a may be a little deeper, as well and I think 4-5 teams have a realistic shot at a title, when, typically, there's only a couple, maybe 3. Class 3A is way deeper than years past with as many as 6-7 real contenders. 4a and 5a still have Highlands and BGreen, that are prohibitive favorites and I'd say the competiton in those classes are about equal to past years. 6A is loaded with good teams, 10-12 at the very least that could beat anyone on a given night and no less than 6 or 7 that are good enough to string together 5 wins in a row and take it all. Trinity isn't the dominating juggernaut of years past, but, overall, the class is better and imo, makes it more exciting to watch.

 

When T was ranked near the top as you said, you do realize they beat the best from Oh, In, and Tn right? I understand what you're trying to say but I disagree.

When T was ranked near the top as you said, you do realize they beat the best from Oh, In, and Tn right? I understand what you're trying to say but I disagree.

 

They didn't beat the best in TN. BA & MBA were very good teams...but didn't win a title.

They didn't beat the best in TN. BA & MBA were very good teams...but didn't win a title.

 

They weren't just middle of the row teams either. The point is he made it seem as if T couldn't compete with the best teams from other states. They may not have been thee best but were at the top.

 

But this isn't my argument, I don't support T until basketball season.

Honestly, if BG pounds Blackman what does it change? Why do I care if someone in another state thinks KY is up or down. It changes nothing and doesn't make my team better or worse, so whatever.

  • Author
So is what Rockpride saying is....Trinity has embarrassed the state with all their out of state losses?

 

lol

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

J/K, had to see if that would get them all up in arms again hahahaha.

We sure haven't helped...but we have some big time horses in the stable.....so the future is good. It's this year, that I am concerned with.

I think it the answer is both up and down in the state. The top teams seem to be down a little while the middle of the pack schools seem to be on a slight uptick.

  • Author
Honestly, if BG pounds Blackman what does it change? Why do I care if someone in another state thinks KY is up or down. It changes nothing and doesn't make my team better or worse, so whatever.
I like when we extend beyond state borders, and succeed...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.