Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK, UCLA, UNC, Ohio State in talks...

Featured Replies

If the Cats play in Vegas, I'll be there.

  • Author
You guys calling for an event that would include Duke, Carolina and Syracuse have to remember they are now all in the same conference and therefore wouldn't likely play in the same event.

 

I forgot about Syracuse being ACC now.

 

I know it's unrealistic, but I'd still prefer UK, Duke, UNC, & Kansas. Those are the four programs I think about first when I think of College Basketball.

I forgot about Syracuse being ACC now.

 

I know it's unrealistic, but I'd still prefer UK, Duke, UNC, & Kansas. Those are the four programs I think about first when I think of College Basketball.

 

Duke and North Carolina being from the same conference probably nullified that. I think four I'd like to see is Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, and UCLA.

  • Author
Duke and North Carolina being from the same conference probably nullified that. I think four I'd like to see is Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, and UCLA.

 

It does nullify it.

 

The current Champions Classic probably has the four teams that should be in it. Maybe Louisville instead of Michigan State. But if I can only have one ACC team, I'd prefer Duke.

 

I shy away from UCLA because they just haven't been the program I thought they would be. Howland had that run of three Final Fours, but they've struggled of late.

It does nullify it.

 

The current Champions Classic probably has the four teams that should be in it. Maybe Louisville instead of Michigan State. But if I can only have one ACC team, I'd prefer Duke.

 

I shy away from UCLA because they just haven't been the program I thought they would be. Howland had that run of three Final Fours, but they've struggled of late.

 

Throw in Arizona.

Duke and North Carolina being from the same conference probably nullified that. I think four I'd like to see is Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, and UCLA.

 

If it's like the Champions's Classic, it's not a tournament. The event is simply 2 games played back to back on the same night at the same venue.

 

There is no reason North Carolina and Duke could not be in this new hypothetical event. They'd just alternate between playing Kentucky and Kansas year to year. Next year Kentucky/Duke and UNC/Kansas, the following year Duke/Kansas and UK/UNC, and back and forth. Duke would never play UNC in the event, so no conference conflict.

If it's like the Champions's Classic, it's not a tournament. The event is simply 2 games played back to back on the same night at the same venue.

 

There is no reason North Carolina and Duke could not be in this new hypothetical event. They'd just alternate between playing Kentucky and Kansas year to year. Next year Kentucky/Duke and UNC/Kansas, the following year Duke/Kansas and UK/UNC, and back and forth. Duke would never play UNC in the event, so no conference conflict.

 

Kentucky and Kansas would never play in that event either. Of course Kentucky and Kansas are playing in the Champions Classic, so it would maybe be a wash. But I suspect the venues that would host these hypothetical games would like a Kansas/Kentucky match-up at some point.

...to participate in an annual early-season series similar to the Champions Classic, which currently involves UK, Duke, Michigan State, & Kansas.

 

ESPN: Ohio State, Kentucky, UCLA, North Carolina talking tournament - Land-Grant Holy Land

 

I like the premise and I like the fact that the Champions Classic was renewed for three more years.

 

Teams mentioned above are best possible picks, as you aren't going to involve two teams from the same conference for obvious reasons. UCLA still has a huge fan base in SoCal and playing them puts you in a lot of recruiting living rooms. Lots of dynamics involved in putting stuff like this together, the other schools are including UCLA for a reason.

 

I like the idea of playing part of the series out west, again I think it helps with recruiting (although UK has done okay with that). Be it Vegas, SanFran, or even in LA, I think it is good to play in the Pacific time zone occasionally.

I got the feeling when I heard Calipari talking about it that the new deal isn't going to work out with the teams mentioned. He made a reference along the lines of there will be some event but not sure what yet.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.