St. X New football field and Athletic Complex

JumperPride

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched that 10 minute video, and it was 100% fantastic. I applaud the desire to be the best...

Classy..... RP.....I get chills down my spine when I watch that video...They did a great job....and for others wishing to see it...make sure you click on the Project X video ....The X-Factor video is something else....not near as good as the Project X one

Coach Glaser became director of admissions in December of 2003. He began the post mid-year. He did work within the admissions area while he taught long before then. He would visit grade schools and work in a very hands-on manner with open house and the placement test. Since he has been given director of admissions duties their freshmen numbers have improved a great deal. He does an awesome job getting students interested in an Xavierian education and not just football or athletics.

Coach Glaser became director of admissions in December of 2003. He began the post mid-year. He did work within the admissions area while he taught long before then. He would visit grade schools and work in a very hands-on manner with open house and the placement test. Since he has been given director of admissions duties their freshmen numbers have improved a great deal. He does an awesome job getting students interested in an Xavierian education and not just football or athletics.

I was going to say this...I didn't think it had been more than a couple years. I remember at onetime Jay Frend (sp?) being in the position.

He's had the position for as long as I can remember with the exception of 2000-2002.

:thumb:

Coach Glaser became director of admissions in December of 2003. He began the post mid-year.

Which one is true? Ox, any help?

*What a coincidence it must have been for Glaser to become director of admissions in December 2003, the same month that Trinity just defeated his squad in the state finals for their second 3-Peat.

*What a coincidence it must have been for Glaser to become director of admissions in December 2003, the same month that Trinity just defeated his squad in the state finals for their second 3-Peat.

If you knew the president you would know that he really could care less about championships, just academics. The person that was at the post left for another job, Glaser was the best choice. He is St. X and not just football.

To the best of my knowledge, Mike was serving as Director of Admissions for a number of years prior to Jay Frend assuming the position around 1999. When Jay left to take another job in 2003, Mike was reappointed to the position. The job opening had nothing to do with the football loss, but was based solely on Jay's decision to advance his career in another area.

Coach Glaser has a very outgoing personality and a profound love and deep understanding of the attributes of St. X., academic, spiritual, and athletic. With his exuberant passion, he does a fabulous job in representing the Tigers. The man is much more than just a football coach. :cool:

Back on the thread topic, I DO hope that everyone takes the time to view the Project X video that is linked above in post #3 by Old Corps. It tells a great story about where St. X. has been and where it is going....GO TIGERS!!

As previously stated, Glaser's getting this postion Certainly had nothing to do with that football game. Just a major difference in philosophy: trinity fans relate everything to football, while ST X., fans/alumni realize there is so much more to the school (and life). Glaser lives and breathes St X. Not a better person for the postion. His desire to see these young men develope into future leaders in the community is unmatched. Foreign concept to you?