Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question for Republicans?

Featured Replies

Unfortunately we have a large segment of society that has figured a way to vote themselves monies from the public treasury at OUR expense.

 

Even if every single person who received assistance voted for Obama (which isn't likely, as it's been shown many of those folks don't vote, or aren't even eligible to vote), it wasn't the difference between Obama winning and losing. And remember, the poor south, is overwhelmingly conservative. This is another misconception the continues to be perpetuated, that frankly isn't true.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if every single person who received assistance voted for Obama (which isn't likely, as it's been shown many of those folks don't vote, or aren't even eligible to vote), it wasn't the difference between Obama winning and losing. And remember, the poor south, is overwhelmingly conservative. This is another misconception the continues to be perpetuated, that frankly isn't true.

 

This has nothing to do with Obama, has it does "big business" and their lobbyist. But does include those on the "dole".

Nope

 

Completely different and its dishonest to say otherwise. Car insurance is regulated by states for people who "chose" to drive. This law forces me to buy a product or be taxed/fined for simply choosing to live .

 

I laugh at this argument so easy to shred through. Where does the governments power stop if they can force me to buy a product of their choosing and they eliminate all choice.

The republicans will be a bunch of losers and idiots, just like the liberals in charge right now and those who voted them in.

Is it really any different then forcing people to have car insurance?

 

Yes. You don't have to own a car.

The one question I have is this... How many people that are being "forced" to have insurance, already have it?

The one question I have is this... How many people that are being "forced" to have insurance, already have it?

 

There are millions of people right now who don't have health insurance by choice. There are also millions of people who flat out just can't get health insurance. The bartender that makes 750-1000 bucks a week now in tips and chooses not to get health insurance on his/her own is now forced to buy it or pay fine. If they pay the fine how is that any different than a tax for simply breathing. There are plenty of people out there who make decent to good money who are in good health and don't feel they need the insurance and employers don't offer it. Now the government is telling them they have to spend some of their money on specific product.

 

I know all we want to focus on is the people who will now have insurance. We forget the millions who will lose their current plan and the others being forced to buy a product they don't want.

I don't think the auto insurance analogy is the right one. The right one is medicare and social security. Everyone pays for those and they paid for them before Obamacare. For those who are against the requirement to get health insurance, what are your thoughts on the requirement to pay social security and medicare taxes?

I don't think the auto insurance analogy is the right one. The right one is medicare and social security. Everyone pays for those and they paid for them before Obamacare. For those who are against the requirement to get health insurance, what are your thoughts on the requirement to pay social security and medicare taxes?

 

I'm against any and all of it. They've needed to do away with both of those for a long, long time.

There are millions of people right now who don't have health insurance by choice. There are also millions of people who flat out just can't get health insurance. The bartender that makes 750-1000 bucks a week now in tips and chooses not to get health insurance on his/her own is now forced to buy it or pay fine. If they pay the fine how is that any different than a tax for simply breathing. There are plenty of people out there who make decent to good money who are in good health and don't feel they need the insurance and employers don't offer it. Now the government is telling them they have to spend some of their money on specific product.

 

I know all we want to focus on is the people who will now have insurance. We forget the millions who will lose their current plan and the others being forced to buy a product they don't want.

 

I'm no expert on Obamacare, nor do I necessarily agree with it completely. I just like hearing the different perspectives on the issue. I have health insurance through my company, it meets the government's standards, so it doesn't really effect me much. Not yet anyway.

They've needed to do away with both of those for a long, long time.

I'm assuming you're calling for the elimination of SS and Medicare. When you near retirement age, you'll start singing a different song.

I'm assuming you're calling for the elimination of SS and Medicare. When you near retirement age, you'll start singing a different song.

 

I, and I'm pretty sure UKMF does as well, have a 401k. That will be our retirement. Not to mention, the chances of us collecting on either of those programs by the time we retire are slim and none, IMO.

I'm assuming you're calling for the elimination of SS and Medicare. When you near retirement age, you'll start singing a different song.

 

Actually, I won't be. I'm intelligent enough to start a 401k and save for my retirement on my own, not have the government do it for me.

I, and I'm pretty sure UKMF does as well, have a 401k. That will be our retirement. Not to mention, the chances of us collecting on either of those programs by the time we retire are slim and none, IMO.

 

I guarantee you that you will collect social security ... now, how long you will have to live to start collecting, that is the better question. :)

 

I agree 100% on saving as much as possible in a 401k or other retirement plan. Anyone who considers Social Security as their retirement plan has a much different vision of retirement than I do.

Actually, I won't be. I'm intelligent enough to start a 401k and save for my retirement on my own, not have the government do it for me.

Unfortunately, you'll need both SS and Medicare, in addition to your 401(k), to ensure a truly golden retirement -- even if you're squirreling away as much as 15 percent of your pay now into your 401(k). You also better hope the economy doesn't tank when you retire (as it did in '08). And if you have kids going to college, you may need to reduce your 401(k) contributions for several years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.