October 2, 201313 yr I have a question for those who are Republicans, but before I ask the question let me make it clear I am against OBMACARE. My question is the Republican party heads are against it , so when they cave in and let OBMACARE be the way it is how are you going to feel about your leaders?"
October 2, 201313 yr My feelings are that every one of these guys and girls should be voted out and laws changed so they stop making millions off of the American people. They make like $175,000 a year, have great medical benefits, even greater pensions and most seem to be making this their lifetime job. (We need term limits!) I read somewhere that we also pay one time, tax free death benefits to the spouse of a member of Congress who dies whether they are in office or not. Those payments are sometimes up to $200,000 or more! That's ridiculous! It's time we take back America and stop letting these people direct our money towards whatever project they have been lobbied to appropriate it to whether needed or not. BTW - while the government is shut down, don't forget who is still getting paid - Congress and the President and V.P. Whew....I feel better.
October 2, 201313 yr Leader is a relative term.....the persons that are standing in front of masses, with the exception of those that have been vilified (Cruz), are not "leading", they are elected and default into the positions. John Boehner needs to resign immediately after the shenanigans behind closed doors to try to slip in the added benefits for elected officials. I see no future for any change because of the people in charge. It's a sad state of affairs...I will also go on record that Hillary Clinton will be your next president....which makes Bill the first gentleman...I guess he can't wait to get back into the D.C. mix and see what young things he can procure. Sad, sad, sad....
October 2, 201313 yr Disgusted with all of it. With that said, Obamacare needs to go, and this might be the only way to do it. I can only hope it works.
October 2, 201313 yr Disgusted with all of it. With that said, Obamacare needs to go, and this might be the only way to do it. I can only hope it works. I agree. It boggles my mind that there are people that actually think the government should be able to force people to have health insurance. If I want to lead an unhealthy life, I'm hurting myself, not anyone else.
October 2, 201313 yr Is it really any different then forcing people to have car insurance? Yes, absolutely. I don't have car insurance and I cause an accident, I'm harming someone else either physically or financially. I eat garbage to the point I have a heart attack, and I don't have insurance the only person I'm harming is myself.
October 2, 201313 yr Is it really any different then forcing people to have car insurance? Nope I agree. It boggles my mind that there are people that actually think the government should be able to force people to have health insurance. If I want to lead an unhealthy life, I'm hurting myself, not anyone else. Only if you live in a bubble, or way off the grid. Treating disease late, rather than focusing on prevention is expensive, and ties up resources. People have to care for you (probably your family) at great expense and time. Maybe your kid has to quit their job to care for you. There are a lot of advantages to access to preventive care.
October 2, 201313 yr Nope Only if you live in a bubble, or way off the grid. Treating disease late, rather than focusing on prevention is expensive, and ties up resources. People have to care for you (probably your family) at great expense and time. Maybe your kid has to quit their job to care for you. There are a lot of advantages to access to preventive care. Here's the thing....It should be my choice if I have insurance. I can still go to the doctor without it, and pay for checkups, etc. out of pocket. Insurance should not be forced on consumers.
October 2, 201313 yr Is it really any different then forcing people to have car insurance? Yes, it is very different. 1. Car insurance is controlled by the individual states, not the federal government. 2. To add to #1, states only require liability insurance (insurance that covers other peoples' injuries, not yours). The Federal Health Insurance mandate requires you to buy insurance to protect yourself. 3. Using a public road is a privilege, whereas your right to life is a basic fundamental right. Requiring insurance to exercise a privilege is understandable whereas requiring someone to purchase health insurance for their life is debatable. 4. You can choose to avoid automobile insurance if you rely exclusively on public transportation, don't own a car, or don't use your vehicle on the roads. You cannot avoid the Federal Mandate for health insurance.
October 2, 201313 yr Here's the thing....It should be my choice if I have insurance. I can still go to the doctor without it, and pay for checkups, etc. out of pocket. Insurance should not be forced on consumers. Right, but a ton of people can't, and they drive up all sorts of costs by going to the Emergency Room. You have a heart attack, you're not paying your care out of pocket, unless of course you are loaded. Who pays for that??? Insured people b/c hospitals are less willing to negotiate away their main source of income. Uninsured people impact insured people.
October 2, 201313 yr Unfortunately we have a large segment of society that has figured a way to vote themselves monies from the public treasury at OUR expense.
October 2, 201313 yr Here's the thing....It should be my choice if I have insurance. I can still go to the doctor without it, and pay for checkups, etc. out of pocket. Insurance should not be forced on consumers. You could also always opt to pay the fine if you choose not to have health insurance (about $400 if you make $50K). But if you end up with cancer, there's no way you'll be able to pay for your care, should you choose this route (unless you're Bill Gates).
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.