Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dan Hoard and Dave Lapham's Call on the Green Bay Fumble

Featured Replies

I have spoken with Lapham quite a few times at different business things. He has never struck me as anything but genuine. I like him as a person, and really like his passion as an announcer.

Liked it when I heard it live and love it now that I know it truly was the biggest play of the game.

 

There are only 16 games. And there may or may not be a bigger play or win for Bengals so I want the Home announcers to go nuts. I don't care if they didn't get the specifics exactly right.......heck no one was quite sure what was going on.......time to sort that out later.:banana:

I don't have a problem with it. It is the Bengals network, they should be appealing to the Bengals fans.

I have spoken with Lapham quite a few times at different business things. He has never struck me as anything but genuine. I like him as a person, and really like his passion as an announcer.

 

Absolutely correct Mex. I have also talked with Lapham and he is a very genuine, down to earth nice guy. I know the negative comments on here are about him as an announcer and not as a person, but I wanted to back up your comment.

 

Also, for those who aren't aware, the Bengals aren't Lapham's only gig. He is also the Big 12's (Is it still the Big 12?) announcer for their weekly league feature football game.

Do you love it or hate it?

 

National media has had a lot of fun with it. What say you?

Hated it. I can't stand listening to Lap do the games, you never know what is going on because of his screaming instead of describing what is happening. Sad thing is he is a very good college commentator, wish he would announce the Bengals games the same way.

I love it! I know technically the color guy is not suppose talk over the play by play guy, however I don't care about them being professional for big plays. I love how excited he gets, it is the Bengals radio team so I have no problem with how loud he gets. Plus even if we can't hear exactly what Dan is saying, Dan always does a good job going back and summarizing the play. I love it, and I love that call!

Awful. But then again' date=' I can't stand listening to Lapham, so I'm probably biased.[/quote']

 

Every time I hear hin talk I want to throat punch him. I have had bowel movements more eloquent than he is.

I was in the car on Sunday and loved listening to their broadcast. That's how I want my home team to call a game. I will take Lap all day.

Heck, if it were Marty he probably would have focused on the fact that Nelson fumbled and not the result of the play haha!

Can I be there when you do it? :D

 

Lap is a very large man

 

Lap is a very large man

 

So you're saying I need a step ladder and that I will likely get my butt kicked afterward... probably worth it.

So you're saying I need a step ladder and that I will likely get my butt kicked afterward... probably worth it.

 

Step ladder, No? He's about 6'2ish. Just hit hard and run fast. At about a 5 foot distance you are safe, I don't think that he can run well anymore. He's got that thick bone structure, you may injure your hand if you miss the throat.

Here is my take on Lap. It is great to be a homer and get excited about your team and all, but he is an announcer and should do his job as an announcer so we can understand what is going on.

 

Let the fans do the screaming. That isn't an announcers job. This isn't an isolated incident. It happens every play. He is always screaming over the play by play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.