Best football in the state= Kenton County Public

NKY Bandit

After 2 days, no reason to convince me that any other county public system can say their football is as good as Kenton is today. I thought that I may get an arguement or two but really nothing.

How many schools does a county have to have to be in the discussion? As far as multi school counties I would put Warren county up against Kenton just about any year.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many schools does a county have to have to be in the discussion? As far as multi school counties I would put Warren county up against Kenton just about any year.

I hate to speak for the thread starter but I don't think he is talking about any year. He is talking about this year. Also not talking county wide which is why Holmes, Lloyd and Beechwood aren't mentioned. He is talking Kenton County School District (I think) which Dixie, SK and Scott are the 3 high schools in that district.

Serious question, is there any other school district that is doing as well as the Kenton County School District right now at varsity football? If so, please tell.

I hate to speak for the thread starter but I don't think he is talking about any year. He is talking about this year. Also not talking county wide which is why Holmes' date=' Lloyd and Beechwood aren't mentioned. He is talking Kenton County School District (I think) which Dixie, SK and Scott are the 3 high schools in that district. Serious question, is there any other school district that is doing as well as the Kenton County School District right now at varsity football? If so, please tell.[/quote']

It looks like, combined, they have played one team in their respective class or above. Is that accurate?

It looks like, combined, they have played one team in their respective class or above. Is that accurate?

Crash not to completely bash your point, but when 2 of the 3 schools are in the highest class, and there are only 32 teams in that class, and one of them is said other school, you can't go up and it does limit the pool of choices in your argument.

Crash not to completely bash your point' date=' but when 2 of the 3 schools are in the highest class, and there are only 32 teams in that class, and one of them is said other school, you can't go up and it does limit the pool of choices in your argument.[/quote']

Point taken. But A and AA teams? There are plenty of non-district options in the NKY/Cincy area that are closer to 5A and 6A.

Sk did play conner right?

That's why I asked. While I saw SK played Conner and Dixie played CCH, you can't say it's the best county in the state when you include games vs NCC and Beechwood and are in the largest and second largest class in KY. That's not to discredit how good those teams are. But it gets tiresome reading all of this stuff about the best in the state, county, whatever when there really is nothing to go on other than record. There very well could be other counties with worse records but better teams based on competition alone.

If you want to say they have the best record, sure.

Point taken. But A and AA teams? There are plenty of non-district options in the NKY/Cincy area that are closer to 5A and 6A.

Yes and no. You can only schedule those who have open dates when you do. And really, there are no other 6A schools in the area for SK and Dixie to play (All the 6A schools are in the Same district and play each every year), or any other 5A schools for Scott to play (South Oldham is in that district and it's an hour and a half away). Cooper and Conner do play the 6A schools in the area, and really couldn't do much better in terms of scheduling up. As everybody has mentioned many times, Scott has played a fairly soft schedule, but what have they ever done to warrant playing all the big schools in the area...they haven't had a winning season in years no matter who they've played. Like it or not, playing some of the smaller teams in the area is a necessity, in terms of proximity, and keeping travel expenses manageable. And good Cincy schools aren't going to go out of their way to play these schools because of the way the Ohio playoff system is set up.

Is Kenton County the best football playing county?? Probably not. But with Scott's success this year, this is easily the best year all 3 schools, as a group, have ever had.

Edited by rjs4470

Yes and no. You can only schedule those who have open dates when you do. And really' date=' there are no other 6A schools in the area for SK and Dixie to play, or any other 5A schools for Scott to play (South Oldham is in that district and it's an hour and a half away). Cooper and Conner do play the 6A schools in the area, and really couldn't do much better in terms of scheduling up. As everybody has mentioned many times, Scott has played a fairly soft schedule, but what have they ever done to warrant playing all the big schools in the area...they haven't had a winning season in years no matter who they've played. Like it or not, playing some of the smaller teams in the area is a necessity, in terms of proximity, and keeping travel expenses manageable. And good Cincy schools aren't going to go out of their way to play these schools because of the way the Ohio playoff system is set up. Is Kenton County the best football playing county?? Probably not. But with Scott's success this year, this is easily the best year all 3 schools, as a group, have ever had.[/quote'] Totally agree. And most years that's a real competitive schedule for those teams. I agree with your last sentence as well and love it for the Scott kids. I'm just weary of getting too carried away with the "Best in the state" stuff.