Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Players dad murdered, prayers needed

Featured Replies

Do they know motive? Was the wife messing around with the victim?

 

First thing that came to mind for me as well.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I maybe in the minority, but I really don't care what the motive is. There is no good excuse for a man to be gunned down like this. My thoughts and prayers are with his son, family and friends as they try to cope.

I maybe in the minority, but I really don't care what the motive is. There is no good excuse for a man to be gunned down like this. My thoughts and prayers are with his son, family and friends as they try to cope.

 

Who said there was an excuse? Obviously, there's not. Just because people are wondering about motive doesn't mean their thoughts and prayers aren't with the family and friends just as yours are.

It's obviously not random, only natural to want to know what the motive was. Just tragic.

Do they know motive? Was the wife messing around with the victim?

 

She was let go unharmed, I would think that it was a conspiracy b/n the two (husband and wife). If it was jealousy, I'd think that you'd go after the woman as well. I really hope that authorities get answers just for closure, if there can be any.

  • Author

Whew...funerals suck. First one I have been to in a while. Lots of kids there for Brody, that will help at least some. Heard today that Steve just a few weeks ago updated his will and had a significant life insurance policy taken out due to a bad car wreck he was involved in back in the summer. He had just really started recovering from that when he was murdered. Brody should be ok with money because of this, I just hope he lets someone help him with the finances and he just doesn't blow it...18 years old with no parents (mother is not involved) and immature with a significant amount of money does not a good recipe make.

 

Motive? Long story short cause there's a lot to it...he had been involved with the woman in some form or fashion on and off for years. She used him for money and he would take her in when she showed up on his door step. Well she showed up on his door step a few days ago asking for help (evidently husband had beaten her), and he again took her in to help her. Not smart on his part to do, but he had a soft spot for her and always help her when she said she needed it. Only now she's married, and the husband didn't like this. Husband was bad news, into drugs, trouble, been in jail on and off for years. Said he would kill Steve...and he did.

 

To show you how callus, the woman and the husband/shooter have now admitted they came back to the house (scene of the crime) and spent the night after all the cops had left and the scene was cleared. Fled the house Sunday morning when a brother of the deceased came back to the house to get some things. Almost beyond belief.

Whew...funerals suck. First one I have been to in a while. Lots of kids there for Brody, that will help at least some. Heard today that Steve just a few weeks ago updated his will and had a significant life insurance policy taken out due to a bad car wreck he was involved in back in the summer. He had just really started recovering from that when he was murdered. Brody should be ok with money because of this, I just hope he lets someone help him with the finances and he just doesn't blow it...18 years old with no parents (mother is not involved) and immature with a significant amount of money does not a good recipe make.

 

Motive? Long story short cause there's a lot to it...he had been involved with the woman in some form or fashion on and off for years. She used him for money and he would take her in when she showed up on his door step. Well she showed up on his door step a few days ago asking for help (evidently husband had beaten her), and he again took her in to help her. Not smart on his part to do, but he had a soft spot for her and always help her when she said she needed it. Only now she's married, and the husband didn't like this. Husband was bad news, into drugs, trouble, been in jail on and off for years. Said he would kill Steve...and he did.

 

To show you how callus, the woman and the husband/shooter have now admitted they came back to the house (scene of the crime) and spent the night after all the cops had left and the scene was cleared. Fled the house Sunday morning when a brother of the deceased came back to the house to get some things. Almost beyond belief.

 

That is unbelievable!! People cease to amaze me..

Who said there was an excuse? Obviously, there's not. Just because people are wondering about motive doesn't mean their thoughts and prayers aren't with the family and friends just as yours are.

 

 

You're reading stuff into my post that isn't there. I simply don't care what the motive was...there's no motive that justifies his actions. So, for me, whatever the reason, I don't care. What others are interested in is their business, and it doesn't mean they don't care or offering their thoughts or prayers (which I never said).

 

You sure are a prickly fellow.

You're reading stuff into my post that isn't there. I simply don't care what the motive was...there's no motive that justifies his actions. So, for me, whatever the reason, I don't care. What others are interested in is their business, and it doesn't mean they don't care or offering their thoughts or prayers (which I never said).

 

You sure are a prickly fellow.

 

I'm surprised at your lack of curiosity as trying to understand the motive is a common response to a crime. Also has made for many nice books and movies.

I'm surprised at your lack of curiosity as trying to understand the motive is a common response to a crime. Also has made for many nice books and movies.

 

I guess I'm to the point in my life where the reasons (to me) are irrelevant. No matter what the motivation, it was a heinous act. I can look beyond and into a lot of life situations and understand why people lie, cheat, steal, etc. But not something like this. It wasn't even in the heat of the moment. The guy is soulless, and (IMO) unworthy of me caring about why he did it. It's one of those things I've just come to the conculsion that the why simply doesn't matter.

Whew...funerals suck. First one I have been to in a while. Lots of kids there for Brody, that will help at least some. Heard today that Steve just a few weeks ago updated his will and had a significant life insurance policy taken out due to a bad car wreck he was involved in back in the summer. He had just really started recovering from that when he was murdered. Brody should be ok with money because of this, I just hope he lets someone help him with the finances and he just doesn't blow it...18 years old with no parents (mother is not involved) and immature with a significant amount of money does not a good recipe make.

 

Motive? Long story short cause there's a lot to it...he had been involved with the woman in some form or fashion on and off for years. She used him for money and he would take her in when she showed up on his door step. Well she showed up on his door step a few days ago asking for help (evidently husband had beaten her), and he again took her in to help her. Not smart on his part to do, but he had a soft spot for her and always help her when she said she needed it. Only now she's married, and the husband didn't like this. Husband was bad news, into drugs, trouble, been in jail on and off for years. Said he would kill Steve...and he did.

 

To show you how callus, the woman and the husband/shooter have now admitted they came back to the house (scene of the crime) and spent the night after all the cops had left and the scene was cleared. Fled the house Sunday morning when a brother of the deceased came back to the house to get some things. Almost beyond belief.

 

I certainly hope you will talk to him about this!!! I would hate to see this young man blow it.

 

UNBELIEVABLE.......REALLY!!!!!!

^The shooter and the woman came back to the house to hang out? Was the son there at the time?

I would think not, it would be awfully hard to stay in the house so soon after the tragedy.

I guess I'm to the point in my life where the reasons (to me) are irrelevant. No matter what the motivation, it was a heinous act. I can look beyond and into a lot of life situations and understand why people lie, cheat, steal, etc. But not something like this. It wasn't even in the heat of the moment. The guy is soulless, and (IMO) unworthy of me caring about why he did it. It's one of those things I've just come to the conculsion that the why simply doesn't matter.

 

I'm the opposite, I have a natural curiosity that drives me to always wonder about why something happened. I probably should have been a psychiatrist or something.

 

I'm the opposite, I have a natural curiosity that drives me to always wonder about why something happened. I probably should have been a psychiatrist or something.

 

I used to be that way. It just led to more questions though, and in the end...nothing changed except I was driving myself crazy. :lol: I have come to accept that some things just....are.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.