Beechwood 52 Highlands 35 (Frosh)

Geek61

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to the game right before half. The score as 30-14 BW. HHS scored with about a minute before halftime on a long run from #35. 30-20 at half.

After half time, both teams traded running TDS and BW put a few more on HHS. It was 30-27 at one time and HHS had the MO. Neither team did much passing. Each had a few long runs. Toward the end of the game BW ran the ball between the tackles with very good effect. BWs defense was better than HHS but I would rate both as below average. Sorry this is not much of a recap.

I stopped by to watch Varsity pregame and the Frosh were playing.

Forget the score...I looked at BW sideline and they had maybe 18 kids on the team and their sits Highlands with 40+

Something not adding up....Just sayin

Congrats to the Beechies on a nice win:thumb:

Wow, Beechies laid a whoopin sounds like. Congrats to them. I'm sure only thing hurt this morning are some egos. It's all good. All will be fine with the world. Hahaha. It would be nice though to see a couple kids dressed that aren't there anymore or who didn't come out for the team. Maybe a change of heart next year for some.

I stopped by to watch Varsity pregame and the Frosh were playing.

Forget the score...I looked at BW sideline and they had maybe 18 kids on the team and their sits Highlands with 40+

Something not adding up....Just sayin

Congrats to the Beechies on a nice win:thumb:

Sounds about right. While we never had large numbers on the Freshman squad, since the Middle School program, this is about the average for Freshman. Just prior to the middle school program being established, the Freshman Season was almost canceled due to low numbers.

Such is life in Class A football. Even a strong one with a lot of tradition.