Your 2006 Football Preview for your team

Macaroni

What days are you talking about? Chris Redman was in the NFL when those last three guys led Male to their last state title. BTW, I would never count Male out and I would never predict Red's departure. :lol:

First, let me go on record to say that I am not one of those "green boys" assuming you are referring to X & Trinity. Never attended either of those schools nor do i particularly root for them. I am fan of their district...i enjoy watching Male, X, Manual and the rest play and I like watching Fern Creek and Seneca (since they were apart of the orginal district before PRP, Butler and Iroquois were introduced to it).

2nd, dont get me wrong, I hope Redman stays at Male for a long time. I think its great what he has done for them and especially good for the X-Male games.

3rd, When I referred to Chris and the others, I was simply grouping together Those players in reference to their teams and the amount of talent they had surrounding them when they played. All I was merely stating was that nowadays it seems the talent isnt as strong around Beaumont as it was with previous teams.

Last, I would never count Male out. They will always be a factor and a threat to be reckoned with every year. See my predictions from earlier in the forum when I have them to finish 1st in the district this year.

As for the rumors, I am not one who pays attention to rumors. I just wanted to say that I had heard the same thing but as I mentioned before...I have been hearing that since Bush was there. Truth is...Redman is good for Male and the only thing that truly matters is Redman will leave when he is ready. Whether its next year or 20 years from now.

Certainly did not mean to stir up any trouble or concerns. Just putting a few "what ifs" for talk.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TigerDude13,

I don't understand why you quoted my post then preceded to reference it in about 10% of your post. You've got the wrong guy as i didn't post most of the stuff you respond to. I did point out that all those great Male players didn't play together as your post seemed to imply. You corrected it, I'm OK, You're OK.

How could this be? I thought there was a procees to attend Male that started back in grade school. Do you actually mean that students actually consider something other than academics when making that decision? That sounds a lot like they are... well you know.

I don't play in that dream world LSU. Kids go to schools to play football, not all of them, but many of them pick thier schools dependant upon the ability of the athletics program and I don't blame them one iota. If I felt I had future scholarship potential I would do everything I could to get into a highly covered and successful program.

As far as my other comments, I apologize to all. I was a bit hasty and presumtive. I took it from your user name Tigerdude that you were a St X fan, and after what I perceived as a name smearing campaign waged this year against the coach of my team, I assumed this was part of the same action just to a different coach.

TigerDude13,

I don't understand why you quoted my post then preceded to reference it in about 10% of your post. You've got the wrong guy as i didn't post most of the stuff you respond to. I did point out that all those great Male players didn't play together as your post seemed to imply. You corrected it, I'm OK, You're OK.

yeah, that was my mistake. Whoops :lol:

I don't play in that dream world LSU. Kids go to schools to play football, not all of them, but many of them pick thier schools dependant upon the ability of the athletics program and I don't blame them one iota. If I felt I had future scholarship potential I would do everything I could to get into a highly covered and successful program.

As far as my other comments, I apologize to all. I was a bit hasty and presumtive. I took it from your user name Tigerdude that you were a St X fan, and after what I perceived as a name smearing campaign waged this year against the coach of my team, I assumed this was part of the same action just to a different coach.

I have to agree with Ram on this one. Many kids do go to a school based on athletic performance...just as many kids will also choose to go a school like Manual based on their academic excellence. And its not even all about football. Just ask the kids on Dixie Highway who live in Valley or Doss's district but opt to go to PRP to play for a top baseball program...or even basketball.

i dont take offense to being perceived as a X fan. I know the name probably could easily imply this. But Im not an X man. I, too, have seen many good names smeared (whether intentionally or not) and its tough but sometimes that just comes with being a coach I guess. Im sure there are many coaches who could care less what we think anyway. Most of them would probably respond "If you can do better...than you try coaching and lets see how well you do".

This has been stated many times. To get into Male you have to a part of the traditional program. A child cannot "pick" going to Male or Butler. I have a son who is at Male and I get asked all the time "how can I get my child into Male or Butler"? These folks have been trying for many years to get their child in. I also have a son who did not get into the program and we will try again as he enters middle school. If he doesn't get in...then he can "pick" a public school to attend, and it will not be just for sports even though he can play several sports very well now. And I hoping Coach Red is still at Male if he gets in. Hope this helps.

This has been stated many times. To get into Male you have to a part of the traditional program. A child cannot "pick" going to Male or Butler. I have a son who is at Male and I get asked all the time "how can I get my child into Male or Butler"? These folks have been trying for many years to get their child in. I also have a son who did not get into the program and we will try again as he enters middle school. If he doesn't get in...then he can "pick" a public school to attend, and it will not be just for sports even though he can play several sports very well now. And I hoping Coach Red is still at Male if he gets in. Hope this helps.

AL, what is the "traditional program" and how is it different than other programs?

Dont forget about Russell i mean look at all the big starters they got coming back i mean there is Clark of course, Sizemore, Jones, Wills, Gullet, Hicks, i think that is it correct if im wrong but also they got alot of talent that is gonna be steppin in so be ready for Russell to make another run.

Neck, it is a program where if your child gets picked they could start in Kindergarden. its suppose to stress back to the basics, more homework, parents involvement, uniforms, GPA's, conduct is tighter, belts for boys and that type of thing and to be honest I can't tell a big difference because my 8 year old is in a very good non program school. A family could move here from out of state and get a good chance to get in. If you "know" someone could it help get a child in? I'm sure that has happened. I guess I'd say it has stricter polices than a normal school. There is about 5 K-5, 3 middle, & 2 high schools. Hope this helps ask more if you want to.

Neck, it is a program where if your child gets picked they could start in Kindergarden. its suppose to stress back to the basics, more homework, parents involvement, uniforms, GPA's, conduct is tighter, belts for boys and that type of thing and to be honest I can't tell a big difference because my 8 year old is in a very good non program school. A family could move here from out of state and get a good chance to get in. If you "know" someone could it help get a child in? I'm sure that has happened. I guess I'd say it has stricter polices than a normal school. There is about 5 K-5, 3 middle, & 2 high schools. Hope this helps ask more if you want to.

Thanks AL. The only question I would have is why isn't every high school in LVille like that?

Leather & X good question. Not every child wants to be in that kind of school. They like wearing jeans to school and there is more freedom. This isn't a bad thing because after having 1 child in TS and 3 in non TS there isn't much difference. The over all test scores are maybe a little higher, these are the ones that are posted in the CJ so next time they are there, compare them.

4A Nelson County will enter the season with no coach and no coaching staff. Plays will be called from the press booth by the Superintendent, after she consults with some of the monied interests who are there to protect her job in exchange for good seats. By the second or third home game, the monied interests will realize that the "good seats" are merely pieces of old wood hanging by a rusty screw to the stands which are falling down due to years of monetary neglect. A small child will fall through those stands, and the Superintendent will blame it on the senior quarterback because she saw his aunt's dog's sister drinking bourbon at the bourbon festival. The School Board will hold a hearing on it and decide they really don't care. The students will stage a protest in support of the quarterback, but the quarterback won't be there because he is playing video games. The quarterback's father will tell the School Board its not his son's fault, everybody does it. The City of Bardstown will try and annex the school for its tax base (inside joke). By game 7, the local pork producers will have sold more gross tonnage in pork burgers than the team has scored points. The Superintendent will change the name from the Cardinals because a "Cardinal" is also a Roman Catholic designation, and that's to close to intertwining school and religion so it won't fly. The new name of the school mascot will be the Nelson County "Pats," which is the most gender-neutral name she can think of. She will establish a committee on tolerance and make the kids wear uniforms but won't enforce the policy. She will also decree that no member of the team can be above 5'10" and 180 lbs., so that the middle-sized people of the school don't feel embarrased at their lack of representation on the football team. Of course, that doesn't change the makeup of the team because noone is bigger than that anyway.

Despite all this, the scrappy Cardinals-turned-Pats who are actually pretty tough when they are left alone, finish 5-5, make the playoffs, but are not allowed to play because the Super feels like that would unfairly reflect on the boys soccer team, who didn't make it.

Sorry, I'm grumpy tonight.

Response by CharlieWeis

Hearsay, stay positive. Even though this one has been a political and ugly mess, ANYONE who can put a positive spin on the hiring of a new HC needs to do so. Those players are going to need every ounce of support they can get. The bottom line is that there has been a change, there is going to be a new HC, and the kids DO deserve better. But, dwelling on the things that have went down will not help one single young man in that program. Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we respond. Blaming the admins. or the super will not gain the players one thing. The players, parents, community, and school need to try to do their best to ensure that the community is not divided to the point of no return. From what I hear, I don't think that they are to point that point as of yet. There seems to be some optimism that things will get better.

Look for Nelson to be anywhere from 4-6 to 6-4! With their improvement at the end of last year to build on and the excitement a new coach will bring, they will get it going!! (But they do play in a very tough district and have a brutal non-district schedule) Reply With Quote

This is in response to Hearsay and CharlieWeis. I have heard on more than one occasion about Nelson County's super. I heard about the student sit in that she refused to come to. When is something going to be done about her to get more support for the kids and athletics? I have never heard as many horrible stories as I have about her. It seems as though her focus is more on the way she looks on camera than the entire school district, and I am not even from Nelson to think this.

• 3 months later...